New-Please HELP

I went to the doctors two days ago and she told me I have gained 20 pounds in less than a year! I know that I had put on a little weight this year, but was shocked when she told me the honest truth. After the doctors, I had to go to the mall to buy new pants for my new job. To my shock and horror I have DOUBLED my pant size. I have been cursing myself in disbelief and mild depression, and I have decided to take control of my life and my body and get to it. I have started by tracking my foods, eating healthy, cutting out sweets, drinking a ton of water and running up a hill behind my house. I am thinking of starting the gym today. Can you guys help me? Any tips on what I should do? Vitamins? habits? I am all ears. Thanks for reading...

Replies

• rlilly697
    rlilly697 Posts: 201 Member
    Start with the calorie counter and set your weight loss target n it will advise you of a daily target for those calories! Your first aim should be to create a calorie deficit! Don't be tempted to do the usual completely starving yourself! The body doesn't like when you do that and will store fat.
    By all means run up that hill, fat burning is all about getting the Heart Rate up n getting out of breath!

Good Luck