Finally motivated

Options
Hi all, I decided to start a weightloss journey and lifestyle change. Ive tried many times in the past, my family has a problem with being overweight and it was only when my parents ended up chronically ill that they dropped their weight. My sister and I have decided to start changing our lifestyle and loose weight so that we reduce our health risks and to feel more comfortable in our own skin. For me it was really a revelation that I can say that Ill loose weight then stop trying every day till I die or its out of my control or I can start now and take control. In a way its now or never (although I do know that most people have small slip ups).

Anyways Im a 5'2 228 lb 26 year old female. Im a full-time student going into my senior year as a Psychology major trying to get into graduate school so while I have my summer more free then normal I do tend to be busy a lot. Yesterday I bought a lot of healthier foods but foods I know Ill eat and make use of. To be honest I think the past few months have been leading up to this, I decided to learn how to cook more and Ive learned what veggies, fruits, and meats Ill eat and enjoy. My main issues going into this are 1) I am an asthmatic living in the desert in a not so nice part of the city. I am planning on dealing with this through excercising at home using Amazon videos (open to suggestions although a few have caught my eye). In the future me and my sister will be looking at possibly joining the local YMCA with their low income passes. 2) I tend to get a bit overly obsessive and focused on goals, sometimes to the point of going to far. I know that I tend to either not care about food or obsess over calories so this will be a difficult point for me. I am going to ensure that I eat at my daily calorie goal and not overexcercise. This will perhaps require as much willpower as not eating junk and getting moving. I am open to help and advice on that front.

Id love to make friends so feel free to send me a message or post here!