Could use some help

Options
So I have been trying a diet of no dairy and anything prepakaged (if the list has words i dont know, i dont eat it) and I don't eat bread of any kind, well I've never been a big eater. So my calories for the say start ar 1200, but go up with the exercise. I NEVER complete a diary becauae say I log 600 calories burnded, which my intake needing to be 1800, I am honestly lucky to make it to 400 eaten. So what foods, cook books, blogs, or whatever would you suggest to help me met calories? For example, if I cooked two over easy eggs, no oil added or anything, I'm lucky if I get 3/4 of it and be stuffed. And literally I am NEVER hungry, like in the past I have forgotten to eat because I'm not hungry.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Are you or were you overweight?
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    If you're having trouble meeting your intake goals then add the oil/butter/fat to the eggs and eat them. Focus on eating the calorie dense foods that aren't bulky. Fats are an obvious choice. Nuts are great. 12 or 15 almonds is 100 calories give or take. Trail mix is high in calories etc.
  • ddaniellemariee7
    ddaniellemariee7 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am currently 20lbs over weight, but have lost 13lbs so far and I find the more I lose, the less I can physically eat. In the past I was very anorexic (7 years recovered) and I am trying so hard not to relapse and me seeing on paper and an app, makes me really worried.
  • ddaniellemariee7
    Options
    Nuts ans I have a love hate relationship, I'm allergic to current types, but I will deff look into them more! Thanks! (:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You can close your diary no matter how many exercise calories you have as long as you have logged over 1000. How many eaten calories are you actually logging a day?
  • ddaniellemariee7
    Options
    On average, it is about 450. I don't complete it since it gives me the warning message and makes me worried.
  • ddaniellemariee7
    Options
    I have a "therapist" i see, but told me to lose weight and only eat if i'm hungry. I can't find foods that she deems "healthy" in high enough calories and currently she sees nothing wrong with my intake. Like I try to eat, but even when I think I'll get more in, I don't. She only wants me eating things without labels and it's hard when I can't ear enough. She was great for recovery but she's not helping now and I hate seeing that i'm not meeting the calorie intake with her list.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    On average, it is about 450. I don't complete it since it gives me the warning message and makes me worried.

if you are logging accurately and this is the case. Are you able to eat more ? or is your body refusing to let it go down? Maybe try drinking some calories as well, a smoothy or juice or some greek yogurt with protein since its softer than a solid food. 450 is definitely not enough to keep your body healthy.
  • ddaniellemariee7
    Options
    I'm logging it right, it's just I can't eat it, like my body won't let me. I tried to force myself and threw it up. I stopped measuring the food thinking it was more mental that I weighed it and that's the right amount, thinking if I made what I would make for someone else, that when I logged it, it would be more, but it just doesn't go down. My biggest issue is that I don't get hungry and my body rejects it. I bought some protien drink things (against what my therapist said) and even that's hard, maybe I got a bad kind?
  • milocamolly
    milocamolly Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    What about going to the butcher shop and picking up some meats? Like bacon or anything that is a little fatty. Also eggs, hummus, olive oil, shoot even a fruit smoothie with organic coconut oil will totally increase your caloric intake.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Options
    I'm logging it right, it's just I can't eat it, like my body won't let me. I tried to force myself and threw it up. I stopped measuring the food thinking it was more mental that I weighed it and that's the right amount, thinking if I made what I would make for someone else, that when I logged it, it would be more, but it just doesn't go down. My biggest issue is that I don't get hungry and my body rejects it. I bought some protien drink things (against what my therapist said) and even that's hard, maybe I got a bad kind?

You could always try different flavours if that is an issue with the drinks. I am not a doctor but you should definitely bring it up with yours when you have a chance. Throwing the food up when you are so low calorie wise is not good.

One idea that comes to mind, Have you tried snacking? like constantly just munching on something, one bite here, one bite there. Some nuts or fruit and then just space it out and see if you can hold it down this way?
  • ddaniellemariee7
    Options
    Didn't even think about coconut oil in smoothies! I will have to try that! I do eat meat, just not enough to honestly count
  • ddaniellemariee7
    Options
    She saw it today and told me it was great you're eating and I just looked at her like no, I seriously need help and this is wrong. All see saw to me was that food was logged and not listening when I was telling her I wasn't meeting the calories and couldn't physically finish a meal. I'm trying to get a new one but my insurance isn't the best.
  • ddaniellemariee7
    Options

You could always try different flavours if that is an issue with the drinks. I am not a doctor but you should definitely bring it up with yours when you have a chance. Throwing the food up when you are so low calorie wise is not good.

One idea that comes to mind, Have you tried snacking? like constantly just munching on something, one bite here, one bite there. Some nuts or fruit and then just space it out and see if you can hold it down this way?

I've tried snacking, about half the time, it comes back up and I try so hard not to let it. Fruit tends to stay down the best, but even with fruit, i can't meet the calories. My therapist isn't helping and my next step is seeing my family doctor, I'm at the point where something physically might be wrong.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Options

I've tried snacking, about half the time, it comes back up and I try so hard not to let it. Fruit tends to stay down the best, but even with fruit, i can't meet the calories. My therapist isn't helping and my next step is seeing my family doctor, I'm at the point where something physically might be wrong.

I would definitely bring it up with your family doctor. Explain to him what is happen as clear as you can and just how many calories you believe you are logging. Hopefully there is something he can do for you to at least kick start your appetite.
  • ddaniellemariee7
    Options

I would definitely bring it up with your family doctor. Explain to him what is happen as clear as you can and just how many calories you believe you are logging. Hopefully there is something he can do for you to at least kick start your appetite.

I'm hoping he will be able to do something. It's been more recent when I was approved to go on a diet and exercise, before I wasn't having an issue and I'm the only one noticing (referring to the therapist) and I can't keep not meeting calories and losing weight in the wrong way. Just something isn't right and I don't know if it is because my body is in shock from exercising and dieting or an actual problem. I want to eat, it just doesn't go down.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Options

I'm hoping he will be able to do something. It's been more recent when I was approved to go on a diet and exercise, before I wasn't having an issue and I'm the only one noticing (referring to the therapist) and I can't keep not meeting calories and losing weight in the wrong way. Just something isn't right and I don't know if it is because my body is in shock from exercising and dieting or an actual problem. I want to eat, it just doesn't go down.

The good and bright side of this is that you recognize it and want to do something about it. Many people arent that fortunate.