George Forman Grill

Options
spdaphne
spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
My best friend's family bought me one a number of Christmases ago and I rarely used it. But now I'm using it more. Just grilled some portobello mushrooms and zucchini. Now I'm grilling some za'atar lemon chicken which is super easy on the grill to do.

Anyone else have one? What do you like to cook? Would love suggestions!

Replies

• Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I used to have one. It was quite useful. Now I'm in the UK there is a grill function built into my regular oven.
    As well as grilling veg and meat, I'd use the George Forman grill to make hot sandwiches/paninis though...like ham and cheese.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    I used to have one. It was great for burgers & pork chops
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I have one. I sometimes cook burgers and chicken on there. It's annoying to clean though so I rarely use it.
  • rdl81
    rdl81 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have had lots over the years as use them all the time mainly for

- Chicken Breast (best to butterfly them)
    - Sausage (best to cut them in half)
    - Bacon
    - Steak
    - Pork chop
    - Burgers
    - kebabs

They are the main things I have done Veg but not that often, mine has removalable grills so it is so quick and easy to use and clean
  • yoherbs421
    yoherbs421 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have one. I sometimes cook burgers and chicken on there. It's annoying to clean though so I rarely use it.

I know! What I do for a quick clean is I let it heat up for a bit, then I run paper towel through the grooves to grab whatever is stuck. Its not completely clean but I'm a guy so I dont give a **** lol!

I used to make grilled cheese on it but the calorie to satiety ratio isnt worth it these days!
  • rdl81
    Options
    I really don't understand why people buy the ones where u cant remove the plates to clean
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options
    rdl81 wrote: »
    I really don't understand why people buy the ones where u cant remove the plates to clean

I didn't buy it. It was given to me.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I have a t fal opti grill..gave my foreman to goodwill after that...love it , works perfectly and i never have to worry about overcooking.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    rdl81 wrote: »

The original ones did not have removable plates. That came much later.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »
    I have a t fal opti grill..gave my foreman to goodwill after that...love it , works perfectly and i never have to worry about overcooking.

This one looks cool. I want one now lol
  • rdl81
    Options
    +1 for the tefal optigrill that is the one I use at moment
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It's pancake Sundays at my house and I've been making waffles on my George Foreman. Because I'm too cheap to buy a waffle iron.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I haven't used mine for some time but it was great for grilled sandwiches.
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    They have removable grills now??? Yeah they're a pain to clean but I do the paper towel method also
  • rdl81
    Options
    ones not branded George foreman have always had removalable grills tefal did removalable grill one about 12 years ago
  • aylamarcos
    aylamarcos Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had no idea there are ones with removable plates!!!! I use mine for chicken and everything I can think of. Heat my tortillas, asparagus, panini.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    The ones with removable plates are much more expensive, and they're quite a bit bigger than the individual size, I think. I wore out my original one and had to buy a new one last year...that's when I found out they now had removable plates.

I usually just cook fish, hamburgers or chicken breast in mine.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I usually do chicken breasts on mine, sometimes grilled veggies. Mine is really old!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    We had one a long time ago & used it all the time.Recently we found a small one at a yard sale. The trick to cleaning it is to wipe it with paper towels asap after you're done cooking. I use mine all the time but mostly on meat, ground turkey patties, beef & chicken
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I had a single one for several years and loved it, so asked for the family sized one a few years ago. It sits on top of my stove - use it all the time. I think it's really simple to clean - when it starts to heat up, take a wet dish cloth or wet paper towels and wipe it off. It's cleaner than your grill outside.