Medications that make you hold weight

Options
CoveIsle
CoveIsle Posts: 1 Member
I take meds that make me hold weight. Any suggestions out there how I can get around these.
I take the old blood pressure meds and no matter what I seem to do I stay the same. I am going to try this and see if I can lose the weight. I also take take allergy meds and some make you hungry. I have stopped taking them but then I get a migraines.

Replies

• nickiphillips1
    nickiphillips1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Go see a dietitian and fix your diet. I have taken medication in the past that can affect my weight. You may just have to work harder at your diet.
  • Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hire Dr Spencer Nadalsky!
    Not even joking.
    https://www.steadymd.com/lifting/
  • LauraInTheWater
    LauraInTheWater Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I take a couple of medications that "make" me hold weight as well.

Before I share my experience, I want to emphasize that if you have a serious medical issue like I do, you should TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR about the best course of action for you.

My doctor told me that the reason certain meds make it harder to lose weight than others is usually because most people on these medications are more prone to cravings than others. Follow suggestions about how to avoid cravings (no unhealthy food in the house, etc). He also said it may be a little bit harder to lose the actual weight because of the side effects of certain meds (like mine) which cause depression...but it can still be done. Just keep it simple with a calorie deficit and exercise. It may take a little more effort but it can be done. At least on mine.