Your favorite kitchen gadgets for cooking?

Options
Geocitiesuser
Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
Obviously not including digital scales :)

I'm pretty fond of my stove top pressure cooker, as well as my pampered chef "chopper". I use the chopper quite a bit.

b9SM4OW.jpg

Replies

• Tazzie0208
    Tazzie0208 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Love my pressure cooker/slow cooker, my cast iron skillet, my nutribullet and my panini maker!!! I recently got a waffle maker but haven't used it yet. Need to find good simple nutritious recipes for that.
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    LOVE my Nutri Ninja. I make smoothies, salsa, sauces, dressings, and banana "ice cream" in it. It blends so much better than my large Ninja blender.
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I broke down and bought a nice cuisinart blender. I use it daily. I killed an emulsifying wand, a magic bullet and 2 other blenders before this one went on sale (still more expensive than I would normally spend) and I broke down and bought it. Totally worth it. Loud as hell but it blends everything down to a nice creamy smoothie.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    The awesome medium chef's knife I got for my 13yo daughter for Christmas last year. She has small hands and my giant knives were hard for her to control. But now I've pretty much stolen it.

I guess we're even though because she's taken over my KitchenAid mixer. She bakes often, and I don't much anymore. Just pizza dough once or twice a month.
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    6.5 quart slow cooker, cast iron skillet, and my rice cooker.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I love my (commercial grade) KitchenAid stand mixer because I love baking. Doesn't really help me on the weight loss side of things though...
  • Juicy_D246
    Juicy_D246 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My favorite gadgets are my immersion blender, pressure cooker, and spiralizer. They get used multiple times each week. I also have a Ninja blender and a grinder attachment for my Kitchen-Aid mixer.

Storage containers with interchangeable lids and that are stackable are worth the investment, too.
  • magdadgam
    magdadgam Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    vegetable spiralizer for making zoodlez and my nutri bullet
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I have so many kitchen gadgets. I've loved to cook for many years so people are always giving different gadgets as gifts. But for most of my meals the only gadget I use is a good quality sharp knife.
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I also love my micro-serrated ceramic knives. They are so sharp and slice through anything effortlessly. I love them for cutting tomatoes, thick-crusted breads, raw meat, basically everything...
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Copper grill mats. Added benefit no need to use oil when grilling to keep food from sticking to grill. Clean up not so much fun.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    A good chef's knife, a food processor, my pressure canner, my many pieces of cast iron.
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I was gonna say my Zojirushi rice cooker until I noticed other people mentioning their knives. I have used my nice professional knives for so long that I forget how wonderful they are until I have to use someone else's.

I also love a big roomy machine washable cutting board.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    My knife roll.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Don't know if it counts as a gadget but I LOVE my Dutch Oven- use it all the time. We also got a very nice setting of knives as a wedding present a few years back- the chef's knife is great.

Oh, my SIL got me an electric kettle that you can actually set how hot you want your water to get- I am becoming something of a tea snob and that has really been a great to taste the difference.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Always my Ninja blender, which for about $40 when they first came out years ago is still going strong. And I just inherited an air fryer from my Mom and I love it. It's something I never would have bought myself but I find myself using it about 3-4 times a week. I only wish it was bigger.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    Copper grill mats. Added benefit no need to use oil when grilling to keep food from sticking to grill. Clean up not so much fun.

Oooh, I was wondering about the clean up. My husband brought one home and I've been reluctant to bust it out for just that reason.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Crockpot, rice cooker, Vitamix blender, Nutribullet, mandolin slicer

Next on my list to get: InstaPot, Sodastream (to make flavored, but not sweetened, sparkling water- like La Croix- I'm obsessed with sparkling water)

Oooo, and I use it maybe three times a year but my pineapple corer-slicer. It makes perfect pineapple rings without having to peel the #$%& thing first! Cut the sliced pineapple up into little chunks, freeze, and blend with a can of full-fat coconut milk, and you have a pretty good replica of the "Dole whip" at Disneyland. Omg, so good!
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    That dole whip at Disney is.... one of the most delicious substances know to man. I had no idea it was so easy to recreate. This is now on my todo list this weekend.