vitamins

Options
wefts
wefts Posts: 183 Member
I am having a hard time getting all the nutrients I should on 1200 cal looking for ideas. I may need to just add a multi vitamin

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Yes, when you set your calories to the absolute minimum it can be very difficult to get adequate nutrition. Need to be very selective with your food choices.
  • wefts
    Options
    even making whole food choices ( I use no pre packed foods ) and lots of leafy greens is leaving me below what I should have
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    https://labdoor.com/rankings/multivitamins

A link to the best one's.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    wefts wrote: »
    even making whole food choices ( I use no pre packed foods ) and lots of leafy greens is leaving me below what I should have

Some people find it's easier to meet their nutritional needs when they include some fortified foods in the diet. Contrary to what we're frequently told, it can sometimes be harder to meet needs on a whole food diet, especially if our calorie goals are really low.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you need to be at 1200? It's the bare minimum.

Keep in mind that lots of database entries are user entered and not complete. Double check some of the entries you use often and make sure they are accurate.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Are you sure you need to be at 1200? It's the bare minimum.

Keep in mind that lots of database entries are user entered and not complete. Double check some of the entries you use often and make sure they are accurate.

This. And eat a varied diet - something from all food groups every day, and different things within each food group from day to day.
  • wefts
    Options
    the app assigned me 1280 I am trying to behave well so I can take 1 meal a week as a cheat and go out with my hubby, starting when I am down 1 more lb ( we have a date for Ice cream Sundays ) . but I am 57 so my BMR is low an injury a year ago had me off my feet for months then unable to walk on uneven surfaces well which made me gain weight and have a long road to get my weight back to where I can garden more and get up off the floor or ground easily ( I really miss how easy I used to move .) for now I am trying to do 6 days at 1280 1 day allowed to splurge a little . But I am packing in eggs chicken,fish ,Greek yogurt, broccoli and kale cheese and fresh fruit But still my minerals are not where I want them . it is actually amazing how much food you can eat if you drop the breads , cakes and pastas . I am going to add walking and I have been doing light gardening . glad there are people here to talk to ! I may just add some sort of instant breakfast or shake I do not really like them Oh maybe total cereal . so many decisions ! janejellyroll that is a good idea
    off to look at that list of vitamins