2 kids later and I'm starting my first Weight Loss Journey!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm Micayla. Back in January I weighed 215lbs, and felt like molasses walking around. My AHA moment came when all of my friends and their partners made plans for a canoe trip this summer together. I remember thinking "oh god I can't wear a bathing suit in front of anyone!". I felt disgusted. At that moment I decided it was time to JUST DO IT. I had been putting off actually committing to a healthier diet for years. I would usually eat healthy about 40% of the time, and the other 60% was filled with literal junk.
Excited to get my energy back, and be able to run around more with the kids. I started the weight loss in January unofficially, but didn't have a good February.

I've been eating 90% clean since May 1st, and from January I am down about 21 pounds. My goal is 70 pounds lost total.

Thanks!!

Replies

• LNichols103115
    LNichols103115 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Mikayla,

My name is Larissa and like you I am a mommy but to only one (for now) and I put on a lot of weight during my pregnancy. My AHA moment was somewhat the same as yours we booked a surprise trip to Mexico in October and i looked at myself and though no one wants to see this in a swimsuit, so i decided then its time to change not just for the trip but also for my family and my own well being. I was hoping maybe we could be buddies (support each other) through this next adventure, I know that sometimes we just need someone who is going through the same thing to help us get to that goal.
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! <3 Welcome!