Need help with willpower. No support at home.

Options
I do so well with eating during the day. But when i get home 'HE" likes to eat and has plenty there to do just that. I just need a little motivation and support. How do others do that when no one at home is dieting???

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I just do me. I don't expect anyone else around me to change because I choose to.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    you can either make your own food which has budgetary draw backs if you're buying individual meals as well as being pretty difficult when you see someone eating the comfort foods you used to eat, or you can eat what he eats but in appropriate portions (a food scale helps - as well as the recipe builder). probably what's easiest is some compromise between the two.

assuming he's not actively trying to sabotage you, it may be worth it to split the cooking, make healthy substitutions where possible, and reduce your portion sizes of things that are very calorie dense. if you make yourself a big salad or side of veg than you can have a full plate with fewer calories.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I know it's not what you want to hear, but you just have to stray strong and eat within your calories. Unless someone is holding you down shoving food in your mouth no one is forcing you to eat. If it is food choices try to shop healthier and stock better foods. If it is temptation ask them to not flaunt it in front of you. Ultimately though this will come down to you, only you, and your willpower. Maybe if you lead by example they will see the results and want to join too.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I believe that getting in shape and eating right is more psychological. You have to really want it for yourself and be kind of selfish. I found that when I pre-make my meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the week it helps me stay focused. That is also a good time to get your family involved with you in the kitchen. Teach your kids how to cook or just have some family time while doing meal prep. Best of luck and stay focused!!!