Rough Day

Options
I fell off board today, first time in 4 weeks. It started with my weekly weigh-in. After 4x at the gym at 430am all this week I was only down 1.9lbs. I was disappointed compared to last weeks 4.6. I worked so hard to achieve so little. Then my eating went awol today. My diary speaks for itself. I'm determined to get back on the horse tomorrow and make myself proud.

Replies

• Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    1.9lbs is a huge loss though! 2lbs per week is the golden standard of "fastest possible healthy weight loss". You're doing great, so just keep it up! Don't think in terms of weeks, think in terms of months and years. It's hard at first, but this is a lifestyle thing. You're building new habits you will maintain for life.
  • focusedonfuturefitness
    Options
    Yes I'm aware of that rule of thumb and appreciate the reminder. I think the previous week really set the bar high. I know it's unfair to expect more or discredit myself for any loss, but mentally it took a toll. Thanks for reply!
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    There are going to be weeks where you lose 0 pounds, and there are going to be weeks where you are up in weight. Don't let the numbers discourage you. Only the over all trend matters. There are too many factors at play that can effect your weight at any moment, and they aren't indicative of if you lost fat or not. Chin up! Like I said you're doing great already, so don't get derailed now!

Think about it, just 1.5lbs a week is over 75lbs a year. That's significant. No it doesn't come easy, but if it was easy everyone would be fit! :)