Konjac Glucomannan flour and noodles looking for recipies

Options
wefts
wefts Posts: 183 Member
I have discovered the powder and I like it as a fiber drink when it jells it has a very pleasant smooth texture . reminds me of partially set gelatin . I am interested in different ways to use it to add fiber to my diet and improve mouthfeel of foods ( I am thinking it would make a great base for a vinaigrette to replace much of the oil )

I also purchased the Konjac oat bran fiber pasta - orzo and made that tonight with garlic a little olive oil and chopped onion and had it mixed with sauteed broccoli slaw

I did not like the original miracle noodles they were too rubbery but these were better and no bad smell
I have 3 more to try and some more in the mail so I would love recipes for the pasta and flour

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Is the brand you use the Better than Noodles brand? I use those, they also have oat bran fiber in them. I prefer them over other Kojac noodles too.

I don't have any specific recipes, I just have a suggestion to use them mainly in Asian dishes.

I very rarely cook with specific recipes anyway. I make a lot of stir-fry type recipes and have the noodles with them.

I also eat them as a quick snack with some soy sauce.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Stir fry with shrimp and zucchini - add some butter and lemon juice, then season with garlic powder, lemon pepper, basil and salt. I then sprinkle a couple tablespoons of Parmesan cheese over the whole meal. Yum!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I use laughing cow cheese wedges to make cheesy sauces for mine. Add meat.
  • wefts
    wefts Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I bought the Konjac foods brand got oat - konjac orzo ( liked these ) and I also have 3 fruit fiber ones I have not tried yet I do not know if they taste fruity
    oat konjac with apple angel hair
    oat konjac with raspberry linguine
    oat konjac with blueberry linguine

waiting for some carrot ones that should be here in a few days they sound really good because they also have millet and other things in them and only 15 cal
    ( they are coming along with oolong tea and sesame oil ! )

I usually do Asian stir fries with a protein , bok choy ,bean sprout or french cut beans ,green onion ,garlic, and ginger adding rice wine sesame oil and soy

but now I also have the powder and that is what I need ideas for has any one tested recipes with the flour? I found a few on pinterest