opinions on the no calorie sweetener, splenda??

Options
2»

Replies

• chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Different sweeteners are invented for different people...if one thing worked for us all, there wouldn't be so many choices on the market.

I use 2-4 packets of Splenda a day and last week I achieved 40 pounds lost since February of this year. I don't generally crave sweet things other than the occasional donut (my weakness) and I eat fruit for breakfast with my coffee, so I don't know if that negates the makes-you-crave-sweets thing others have spoken about.

My headaches are triggered by carb overloads and alcohol, which I didn't know until I started food tracking. I thought it was a gluten thing but the combo is what generally gets me, 12-24 hours later. Moderation on this diet has been really good for me and will probably continue into my lifestyle change during maintenance.
  • xsix
    xsix Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Its not about the weight loss ...imho if you cut sugar in any form it will help you lose weight, I would be concerned about the medical side effects these artificial sweeteners have on you.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/02/10/new-study-of-splenda-reveals-shocking-information-about-potential-harmful-effects.aspx