Best Fruits To Eat

Options
_EndGame_
_EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
So I love strawberries and grapes. I usually have both with my oats in a morning, if not both, one or the other. I love bananas too. I bought some blueberries earlier instead of grapes to go with my oats, but I was wondering, what do you guys reckon is the healthiest and most nutritional fruits out there, and why?

Might sound like a random question, but I love fruit, over the last 3 months I have completely cut out candy, sweets, cookies, etc and replaced it with fruit and nuts. (love pistachios) I was told yesterday, that eating grapefruit was really good for the human body, it apparently takes more calories to digest it, than what is actually in it.

Replies

• _EndGame_
    Options
    Bump!!
  • cunt6676776
    Options
    All Berries: strawberries, blackberries, blackcurrants, gooseberries, bilberries. Cherries, Watermelon

Eat whichever fruits you enjoy the most there is no fruit which is healthier than any other

If you can go to the local Chinese/malaysian supermarket and get Durian fruit I would eat that, it has a lovely taste, not too sweet, not too sour and your parents/so/dog would love it too.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Kiwis have high vitamin c I believe.
  • _EndGame_
    Options
    Durian fruit, never heard of it! Will keep an eye out for it.

Yeah, I love berries. Cherries unfortunately aren't often around, I hear they're only available 2 months of the year!
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I LOVE grapefruits and they are fabulous for you! :bigsmile:
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    An apple a day keeps the doctor away! It has a lot of fiber.
  • Seik3n
    Seik3n Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you can go to the local Chinese/malaysian supermarket and get Durian fruit I would eat that, it has a lovely taste, not too sweet, not too sour and your parents/so/dog would love it too.

Devious.
  • _EndGame_
    Options
    Yeah, deffo going with some grapefruit, will pick some up tomorrow. Not had it for years, used to be too bitter for me! But if it burns calories, I'm all for it!

I go through phases with apples. I usually eat them for the pectin, helps keep my normally raging appetite under control!
  • weightlossdiva1219
    weightlossdiva1219 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Blueberries are "super fruits" in that they have the highest antioxidant count of ANY fruit, ever. They also can help slash your fat cells up to three-quarters, which makes you feel less hungry! I eat blueberries all the time.

Strawberries are good, but they're higher in fructose than a lot of fruits, and they don't have as good of a sugar to starch ratio, so you'll end up taking in more sugar at once. I avoid them.

Grapefruit is a super fight fighting food, and is SO good for you. It helps curb hunger and protect your heart. It's fantastic at boosting your metabolism! Grapefruit is a must in my diet. :)

Bananas are also good. They're high in fiber and potassium. I like to eat them in my oatmeal with cinnamon.

Hope this helps!
  • weightlossdiva1219
    weightlossdiva1219 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    That's not true, there is definitely some fruits that are healthier than the others. But there is NO fruit that is bad for you :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I think you should try to eat a variety, as all fruits will have different nutrient compositions. If you don't like it, don't force yourself to eat it:)

My faves are strawberries, blueberries, pink grapefruit, banana, apple, watermelon, cherries, mango.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Eat ALL the fruits!
  • _EndGame_
    Options
    Blueberries are "super fruits" in that they have the highest antioxidant count of ANY fruit, ever. They also can help slash your fat cells up to three-quarters, which makes you feel less hungry! I eat blueberries all the time.

Strawberries are good, but they're higher in fructose than a lot of fruits, and they don't have as good of a sugar to starch ratio, so you'll end up taking in more sugar at once. I avoid them.

Grapefruit is a super fight fighting food, and is SO good for you. It helps curb hunger and protect your heart. It's fantastic at boosting your metabolism! Grapefruit is a must in my diet. :)

Bananas are also good. They're high in fiber and potassium. I like to eat them in my oatmeal with cinnamon.

Hope this helps!

You know, I never went out of my way to buy/eat blueberries, not sure why. The only time I recall ever having them is when I've had blueberry muffins or blueberry jam! I've got some in the fridge now, going to start eating them with my oats in a morning. Strawberries, grapes and blueberries, sounds like one hell of a healthy breakfast!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    whatever ones taste good and fit into your carb budget
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    whatever ones taste good and fit into your carb budget
    Agreed. Let's not make things complicated.
  • RoninLife
    RoninLife Posts: 64
    Options
    Bing Cherries, Mangoes, White peaches, nectarines and fresh figs. I always go over my sugar budget because I eat a lot of fruits. I don't really care, lol
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    Options

Devious.

Brilliant. LOL
  • RoninLife
    RoninLife Posts: 64
    Options

Devious.

Brilliant. LOL

:laugh:
  • Oriole15
    Oriole15 Posts: 58
    Options
    Grapefruit is lovely, however, if you are on any medication, check first with your doctor if your meds are the sort that grapefruit is likely to interact with, just to be on the safe side.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20497086
  • _EndGame_
    Options
    Bing Cherries, Mangoes, White peaches, nectarines and fresh figs. I always go over my sugar budget because I eat a lot of fruits. I don't really care, lol

Yeah, the whole sugar thing always gets me, too. I assume eating sugar from fruit is somehow better than eating the sugar you get in processed foods, or white sugar, etc? I've seen multiple people say you could eat as much fruit as you like, as the sugar in it won't cause you any negative impact. Not sure if that's right!