Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

For women that have children

2»

Replies

• Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    <--my stomach after having VBAC at 42, now I'm 48. Everyone is different and I think it depends a lot on if your stomach was flat before pregnancy. Mine was and it took work but is again.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    <--my stomach after having VBAC at 42, now I'm 48. Everyone is different and I think it depends a lot on if your stomach was flat before pregnancy. Mine was and it took work but is again.

You look great! My tummy was never flat. But my one of my goals is to have a flat tummy. I'm going to keep working at it.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    MrsBeccaM5 wrote: »
    Sumiblue wrote: »

You look great! My tummy was never flat. But my one of my goals is to have a flat tummy. I'm going to keep working at it.

You can do it! Even though I had a flat stomach before pregnancy I always carried more fat on hips/glutes. Through keeping a deficit and following a progressive lifting program I lost inches off my lower body.
    Hard work does pay off!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    I think it depends. My best friend is the fittest person I know. Regularly runs 10 miles a day. Her body is amazing, but she still complains about her little pooch. But who freaking cares? I mean, she had 3 kids...she earned that pooch.
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    edited June 2017
    Deleted due to duplicate post!
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    I guess it depends if it's loose skin or fat - fat I think would be more likely to go than loose skin. I have some loose skin after having my little boy 2.5 years ago then losing weight. It has shrunk a bit but I don't think it'll ever be as tight as it was pre-pregnancy without a tummy tuck!
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    I look the way I did before I had kids, but with loose skin. Not a six pack, like the kind of stomach you'd show off in a crop top, but not a problem area, either. It doesn't stick out and I look fine in clothes. The loose skin makes me pickier about bikinis, though. I have had 3 kids, all c-sections.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    I think it's a crap shoot. I have a friend who had twins vaginally 14 years ago. She was young and is terribly athletic. But she always looks like she's about four months pregnant. On the other hand, I have a friend who had triplets by C-section, and even though she isn't in the least bit athletic, she returned pretty rapidly to slim and absolutely no tummy pooch.
    I had my one and only child at 42, by C-section. When he was about four years old, I had gradually lost about 20 pounds. I didn't have a tummy pooch at all even though I was still 10 pounds over my ideal weight. Right now, I'm 30 pounds over my ideal weight. I have a bit of a Dunlop, but I anticipate it will significantly reduce again when I've dropped another 10 pounds.