Have you ever lost weight and realized you lost too much?

2»

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Not really.... But I lost weight purposely for a competition and gained a messed up headspace in the process, so thought I looked attractive that lean (and stayed at that weight longterm). Looking back now I realise I looked like a skeletal preying mantis.... And if I compete again I have a better mindset and know I can't stay that lean!

Yep, When I look back I looked like a skeleton with a clothes hanger for shoulders. Not a good look at all.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,115 Member
    When I got to maintenance I had a hard time finding my maintenance calories. I think it was because I became so much more active. I have dropped about 10 pounds below my original goal. I feel good here and I think I look good (although I have been told I am too thin). I have not tried to gain any weight back, but I still log and I make an effort not to under eat because I do not want to lose any more. And if I lose get below my maintenance range I will try to gain enough to get back there.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    When I got to maintenance I had a hard time finding my maintenance calories. I think it was because I became so much more active. I have dropped about 10 pounds below my original goal. I feel good here and I think I look good (although I have been told I am too thin). I have not tried to gain any weight back, but I still log and I make an effort not to under eat because I do not want to lose any more. And if I lose get below my maintenance range I will try to gain enough to get back there.

As long as you feel good, have enough energy to be active and are not undereating, ignore the "you're too thin" people. Subconsciously, people like what they're used to and resist change. It'll take them time to get used to "you, but thinner".

I'd have different advice if you were tired all the time and it was your doctor saying "you're too thin". Doesn't sound like that's the case.
  • eatingems
    eatingems Posts: 106 Member
    Yes but that was when I was young and had body dysmpohia. I was 104 pounds at 5 foot 8.5 and very sick. Eating about 700 -900 calories a day and sometimes fast for 24 hours. It was borderline anorexia. It took a long time to become comfortable with a healthy weight of 125-145 and also recomp because after all that, I have very low muscle mass

Same story. Started maybe about 4 years ago just after I moved in with my boyfriend and my mum wasn't cooking for me anymore. Started at about 195lbs and got down to 105lbs and I'm 5'10 - I was the only person who couldn't see how terrible I looked. I definitely had an eating disorder and I'm mortified when I look back on those photos.

I gained pretty much all of my weight back, less 14lbs. I'm down about 16lbs from there already and I'm trying to get to 150lbs but I feel much better this time around. I'm definitely in a healthier mindset. I've just got to keep reminding myself that life is for living and there is so much more to it than weight loss. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Hahahaha I wish.