Fitbit Blaze and exercise calories

I have a Fitbit Blaze that I've synced with My Fitness Pal as well as Map My Run. My question is this. I just went on a run. I ran 4.8 miles and burned 533 calories per my Fitbit, and I see it listed on my Fitbit app as a workout. I see it listed on Map My Run. On My Fitness Pal, I see a line that says Fitbit calorie adjustment but it only shows 284 calories for steps. If I add a work out on My Fitness Pal manually, it double counts on my Fitbit app. Is this normal or is something not syncing correctly?

Replies

• ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Something is not syncing correctly. I think that you need to do the following:

-Sync MFP with FitBit and MapMyRun
    -Sync Fitbit with MapMyRun

I tried multiple times and failed. Finally I have to and installed Strava instead.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Calorie adjustment for Fitbit on MFP is not just exercise. It's a comparison of your Fitbit estimated calorie burn for the day and MFP'S estimate based on activity level.

Your 284 cals from Fitbit means that even though you went for a run, MFP is predicting that at 11:59pm tonight Fitbits total calorie burn for you will only be 284 calories above MFP's original estimate.