Overweight to fit and back again! We can do it, mamas!

Options
DomesticKat
DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
I haven't posted much but I've been a loyal MFP user for some time. One year ago I finally hit my goal weight after the birth of my fourth baby two years prior. After my first three pregnancies, I managed to get within 20 pounds of my goal weight before getting pregnant again, so this was a huge accomplishment for me.

Finding MFP and beginning a strength training regimen along with commiting to cleaning up my diet allowed me to finally get healthy and change my body in ways I was never able to in the past. For background, I was 141 pounds before my first pregnancy and I'm 5'1".

And then I got pregnant with #5, my surprise bonus baby. I continued my healthy diet through my pregnancy and attribute that to gaining less, but still finished out my pregnancy at 195lbs and gave birth to a healthy 8lb, 12oz baby boy. I am now 6 weeks post-partum and have the green light to start strength training again. I'm down to 169lbs thanks to breastfeeding and I know that with the natural calorie deficit and lifting, I'm hopeful that I'll be back to my goal in no time.

Have faith if you experience a set back (or a pregnancy, like me). I'm grateful to have so many more tools at my disposal and to know what I do now about fitness and nutrition through MFP. At times, I wish I could go back and tell the old me after each pregnancy to commit and just do it, but I'm going to keep marching forward for my family and become an even stronger, healthier me. I'm looking forward to posting an update in a few months!

The left picture is after my 4th baby was born, middle was the month I hit my goal (my birthday!), and the right is 6 weeks post-partum after my 5th.

gb1laut9fwr4.jpg

Replies

• briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I love this..I have 5 children also and haven't been close to goal in 12 yrs..I can barely get under 200lbs. I am looking forward to the day it works and I can reach goal also.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Congrats breastfeeding is like magic. Kudos as a mom of 7 I know it's hard to lose and gain again.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I was similar to you where I never reached my weight loss goals before getting pregnant again. I always got just below prepregnancy weight but I still had about 20 pounds to lose.

Breastfeeding wasn't magic with my third though. :( He is 5 and I still have 8 pounds of pregnancy weight plus the original 20 I set out to lose.
  • momsgottalose2
    momsgottalose2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome ! I just gave birth to my 5th baby 2 weeks ago and this gives me hope !! I got to my goal after my 2nd almost made it after my 3rd and since have had 4,5 and really hoping i can get there again !!
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I only have 2 babies but similar story. I am 5,7' and was a whopping 235 pounds after my second. I had lost all the weight and then some with mfp after my first so I knew I would be ok. I am now sitting at 176 and know I will reach my goal with mfp and lifting. You got this!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!