Support Friends?

Options
Hey my name is Ellaina and i'm 16 years old and i really wanna lose weight. I've wanted to lose weight since i was about 9-10 and i've tried but i just continued to gain. Since around september i've gained about 15 pounds but in the last month I lost 14 and feel no different. I need help with how much calories I eat because it's always below 1,000 but i'm a vegetarian so it's hard. i'm around 175 pounds now and my goal is to be around 130 since i'm 5'4. This is really hard for me but i'm super commited to making a change...I need friends to help motivate me and support me and i'm always here for someone who helps me.

Replies

• Bigpuma100
    Bigpuma100 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Start slow with a reasonable goal. Keep track of your calories and gradually change your eating habits. Don't just change your diet cold turkey you have to train your brain how you want to eat. You need to find out your fat burning heart rate for your body structure. This will help you burn fat not muscle. Let me know if you ever need help.
  • FitReechi
    FitReechi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Ellaina,

Nice to e-meet you! I think you're already on the right track in the sense that you're acknowledging your concerns, and more importantly, wish to do something about it! I too have been extremely self conscious and struggling with my weight since my teenage years (sigh, I'm much older than you:) ), so I completely understand where you're coming from and how you feel. Since using MFP about 6 years ago I've reached my target goal, but unfortunately spiraled somewhat out of control this past year, so I too am in need of support in getting back in the game. But knowing that success is possible, I can tell you with full confidence to hang in there and I promise you, you will see results!
    I think I might be able to shed some light on your frustrations and what to do about them...I'm new to this community part of MFP so I'm not sure if direct messaging is an option. But, if it is, send me a note perhaps we can help and support one another! Xx, Jackie