What should my daily calorie intake be?

Options
I am a 24 year old morbidly obese woman who is 5'7" and weighs 490 pounds. I have been sedentary and eating processed foods for several years now. How many calories do you think I should start out eating to lose all my weight and at to a healthy 200 pounds?

Replies

• PatriNina
    PatriNina Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Great on you for looking for answers!

Just log your current stats into MFP @ Goals, and hit your calorie goal per day, or view it as a weekly goal.
    Make sure you weigh all solids using a digital food scale and measure all liquids.
    As long as you're honest with yourself about your intake and stick to your calorie goal... the weight will drop progressively; faster at first and steadily later.

Don't try to make any other changes at first like "clean eating", or any diet with a name, just hit your calorie goal and do go over it. And update your goals every 10 lbs you lose. Your calorie goal will get smaller, as you weigh less.

You can do it! It's going to be a daily grind, but with awesome results in your physical and mental health!

You can add me if you want and message me whenever you feel like it! I log daily, and I'll support you along the way!