Best workout videos?

Options
I live in the middle of nowhere. I am in search of the best workout videos people have seen success with. Any leads would be appreciated plz/thank you. :)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Insanity!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It really comes down to what equipment you have and what you enjoy that you can stick with. I liked Body Beast, P90X and similar videos. But you can also start with a fitnessblender.com which has a variety of videos. Now if you have specific goals, your probably should support that.
  • Nbaker0909
    Nbaker0909 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love the advocare Canyou24 DVDs. There are 2 of them. They each come with several workouts and even a workout schedule. I think my favorite part is that each video has 3 instructors working at a different level, so you can modify each workout to fit your needs. The level 1 DVDs you don't need anything. The level 2 DVDs all you need is a yoga ball. Best of luck finding a workout video you like!
  • mandy2469
    mandy2469 Posts: 10 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    fitnessblender.com have loads of free programmes online. It's a fabulous website.
  • Spyritt
    Spyritt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love Cathe Freidrich!!
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Insanity!

Insanity is awesome cardio. If you are out of shape and it's too much, start with P90 (NOT X). It'll work you up gradually.
  • aliciabruch
    aliciabruch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, you've all been very helpful
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE the Les Mills workouts like Body Combat, Body Pump, Body Attack, etc. They have an "on demand" subscription service so that you don't have to buy actual DVDs and can still quickly access a variety of programs from home. I think it's $12.99 monthly. I take the Les Mills and Insanity classes in person at my local YMCA, but hear good things about the on demand videos.

I *personally* don't like Insanity (I dread the classes, honestly) compared to loving the Les Mills classes (I take three of them currently), but that's just my preference. Try them all because liking it is what will keep you doing them!
  • Lizzypb88
    Lizzypb88 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have to say 30 day shred- quick, intense and not boring! If you like a quick effective workout
  • GirlGettingFit37
    GirlGettingFit37 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love Jessica Smith's Walk Strong series. I have her 6 Week Total body Transformation and it works great! I can tell a huge difference in my body since completing the challenge twice now. It comes with a workout calendar and takes all the guesswork out of what to do daily. All workouts are 30 minutes. She has strength training, cardio, and some Pilates/yoga inspired workouts.