Best sports bra

Options
Looking for your best recommendations on a sports bra.

Replies

• tianacaona
    tianacaona Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I bought a high-impact C9 bra (or three of them, honestly) from Target last year. It's been my best sports bra, probably because it offers the best support for me. I'm not a fan of the compression bras as they don't do much for me.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    What size are we talking about, and for high or low impact?

I'm now a 36DD, but started as a 44G. For high-impact, I've been wearing an Enell the whole time. I won't claim it's pretty, but it works really well, even in triathlons where I needed to swim in it.

I also have a Panache, but can use it only for low impact activities. Not stable enough. For low impact, a basic compression bra also works fine. The uni-boob doesn't bother me.
  • Ninjakitty15
    Ninjakitty15 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's probably going to depend on your size and needs. I have quite a steep band to cup size difference (36JJ) and didn't find even an Enell with a smaller band than usual was much good for me except for low impact activity. Just completely the wrong style of bra for me. I really like the Freya Active though. It doesn't quite fit me right, as the underwire comes quite far away from the centre of my chest even with some bending, but the support it gives me is great so it's completely worth it. I remember the Elomi sports bra also being good when I tried it on, but it might be better if you have quite wide breasts.

I'm finally creeping into the size range for the Panache sport so that's what I might try next. I loved the covered underwires the last time I tried it on.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    My favorites for running or high impact activities are Lululemon stuff your bra (has pockets) and another 2 I cannot remember the names of. I'm 32 d.

A lot of people like Moving Comfort. I fine their bras terribly uncomfortable, but I know they're pretty popular among runners.
  • Picoides
    Picoides Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I really like Shock Absorber brand. I'm a 32DD.
  • SABoj
    SABoj Posts: 88 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Lululemon enlight bra... worth the $$$
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    It really depends on your size and needs. I have a fairly small ribcage with large breasts (size 32G). I have found that Panache (the underwire variety) is the only bra that really fits me and provides support for running and high impact exercise. They are pricy but worth it. I also recently found a product called bu-band, which is great for busty runners. It is a band the goes over the bra to eliminate bounce (I have A LOT!) if you don't wish to wear two sports bras.
  • lisarenee127
    lisarenee127 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's not really a sports bra but I wear a bra and a sports bra cause I'm big chested but I bought a boobrang (yes I know lol) and it's a band that goes over to help keep you from tearing ligaments and bouncing. You get it online just google. I have breast problems and it really has helped not to do more damage. I am a 34 around and got a large and it was way to big So if you order keep it in mind
  • karlafosho
    karlafosho Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like the Livi Active sports bras from Lane Bryant (high impact/with underwire). I wear a 40D and usually buy up a band size. My boobs look great and stay in place. If you wait for their 40% off weekends, or go to the outlet, you can pick them up for cheap.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,692 Member
    Options
    As others have said, it depends on your size and activity level. I have a large ribcage but very small boobs, so I wear a compression bra for running. It makes me flat as a pancake, but I've had no issues with chaffing or bounce. ATM, I have a Nike, a C9 and an REI bra. Not much difference between them.
  • Lizzypb88
    Lizzypb88 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Honestly- do you have a professional bra store, like a blums store in your area? I would go to a place that gives you a bra fitting from experts, I just had one, and I had tried on a few popular sports bras and although they were good, didn't fit me as good as another, so I think it really varies on what style you get for your body, compared to someone else!
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    If you're busty, and you know your true size, check out Title Nine online. I've got the 7 Wonders Bra and the Last Resort bra and have no issues with bounce anymore with my narrow ribcage and DD cups. Great for jogging and Zumba. What a relief!
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    A $15 molded-cup danskin compression bra from Walmart. I'm 38d, so those cute little ones ain't doing it. My girls need to be weighed down. However, the molded cups do make them look good when I look down. And this bra makes sure they don't move an inch on the treadmill.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    If you're a DD or above, I can't say enough good things about Panache.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Don't immediately dismiss compression bras. I'm a 32E and the Adidas techfit bras work great for me.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    The Ryka bras work for me whether high or low impact and they're reasonably priced with some cute details. I'm a 34C and they're secure enough and retain shape after a billion washes and even the dryer.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Victoria's Secret max support line is kind of the *kitten*. Go try some on and jump up and down in the dressing room. I had two 36DDs in a pretty serious run and launder rotation, and I credit being able to really get started running to those bras. Now I am downsized I don't need such serious scaffolding, and these cross back moulded cup Champion bras from Target are pretty great (don't see them on the website now though :( ).