Stopped losing, now what?

Options
Fflpnari
Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
edited June 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I started April first, lost consistsntly for 7 weeks. Now I haven't Loss anything in 2 weeks. I'm 5'10" 23 y.o. Eating 2000 calories a day (tdee based)
4/1 starting weight 234
Weight between 212 and 213 for the last 2 weeks.
I do crossfit 5 days a week, otherwise lower activity. (Not new, doing this for years)
What do you when it stalls? How much time before you change things? Right I m just continuing along hoping it will change.

Replies

• InkAndApples
    InkAndApples Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Keep going. My weight regularly stalls for two or so weeks at a time, then I lose in a whoosh. Weight loss is never linear.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    What InkAndApples said. If you're sure your logging is tight, just let it ride.

Little stalls usually happen after the initial weight loss period to the best of us.

Just check and see if you need to adjust your caloric intake (you need to reset your goals every 10 pounds lost or so, sometimes MFP does this automatically, sometimes it doesn't), and if all is well, just let it ride.

Just in case, I'll post the obligatory chart:
    4yfgfnc7zmlo.jpg

• Fflpnari
    Options
    Thanks for the reassurance. Weighing everything, don't eat out. Will give it more time
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I hit a plateau for a month and a half. I lowered calories, changed and upped my workout routine. It is what it is. Just started moving again. Give it time, it will happen.
  • sophie7591
    sophie7591 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If you weigh less doesn't MFP give you less calories to eat per day ? After losing 5 lbs on here it took some calories away from me. I weigh 249 now and mfp only gives me 1390 per day. I had started with 1420.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    sophie7591 wrote: »
    If you weigh less doesn't MFP give you less calories to eat per day ? After losing 5 lbs on here it took some calories away from me. I weigh 249 now and mfp only gives me 1390 per day. I had started with 1420.

Since the OP is following the TDEE method rather than MFP's goals, they would have to manually recalculate their calories
  • Fflpnari
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    sophie7591 wrote: »

Since the OP is following the TDEE method rather than MFP's goals, they would have to manually recalculate their calories

I've adjusted those again, with very little difference. My bmr in about 1800 and sedentary tdee being about 2200. With moderate exercise being around 2700. Still should be in a deficit with those numbers.
  • xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    It seems what you're doing is not working for you. Have you considered using the MyFitnessPal calorie amount listed and aim to lose 1 pound a week and see how that works out for you? Also if you're not using a food scale I would highly recommend it.

Good luck!