Below 1200.

Options
Im currently on 1230 calories a day. Each time ive lost one pound MFP has reduced my calories by 10.

I have another 10lbs i want to lose.

My question is will MFP reduce my calories below 1200 daily or is it something i would need to do,adjust my own calorie intake in goals??

Thanks inadvance

Replies

• InkAndApples
    InkAndApples Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Don't adjust your calories below 1200, you'll miss out on vital nutrients. MFP won't do it for you either.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    If your calorie intake is already that low, adjust your expectations. Don't expect to lose a pound a week.

Eat 1200 and settle for losing .25 - .5 pounds a week.

If you're down to the last 10 pounds, it's a nice, comfortable rate of loss.

Trust me, I've tried to rush the last ten pounds and I've learned the hard way that it's just not worth it.
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Don't adjust your calories below 1200, you'll miss out on vital nutrients. MFP won't do it for you either.

Ok thanks for your reply.
    I dont currently do any extra exercises. My weight lost has just been through eating less so maybe get to 1200 calories and exercise to get to my chosen weight
  • xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    No MyFitnessPal will not reduce your calories on this site the lowest they will give someone who is a female is 1200 calories. Good luck!
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    If your calorie intake is already that low, adjust your expectations. Don't expect to lose a pound a week.

Eat 1200 and settle for losing .25 - .5 pounds a week.

If you're down to the last 10 pounds, it's a nice, comfortable rate of loss.

Trust me, I've tried to rush the last ten pounds and I've learned the hard way that it's just not worth it.

Ok thanks for that.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Ok thanks for your reply.
    I dont currently do any extra exercises. My weight lost has just been through eating less so maybe get to 1200 calories and exercise to get to my chosen weight

No, that's not the way it works. Add exercise - add calories to 1200. Close to goal 1/2 pound a week is reasonable. It sucks, I know.

Large deficits make it harder for your body to fuel existing lean muscle mass. Fast weight loss when close to goal doesn't lower your body fat % by as much as you could have.

Exercise is great for health, fitness and body composition. If you can strength train (it doesn't burn many calories) - that will shape your results.
  • InkAndApples
    InkAndApples Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Exactly as above - my "goal" is 1220 but due to activity most days I eat around 1700! Exercise calories ftw.