Hypothyroidism

Options
Hello!! My name is Anne!! I suffer from Hypothyroidism so it's difficult to maintain my weight. I don't eat bad but not alway's great. I work 10hr and 12hr shifts 5 day's a week so I don't alway's have the energy to cook so maybe once a week we will eat out. I don't have insurance so I haven't had my thyroid checked in 5 years. About 6-7 month's ago I started to have pain in my feet and legs and the pain has progressively moved to all over my body. I don't feel like I weighed as much as I did over a month ago but memorial day picture's made my upper body look huge, the day after we were given the opportunity to go on vacation so I knew I had to at least get down to 200 for me to even start to feel good about myself. I have 35lbs to drop before I get there but hopefully I'll get lucky and lose more......before July 16th. Anyway, just introducing myself. Good luck!!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    The blood test for hypothyroidism is really inexpensive, so are the medications. I'd say if you can afford to go out to dinner twice a month and go on vacation, you can afford this. You don't need insurance.

Thyroid problems are easily treated and it's very cheap to do so - but ignoring it is not a good idea. I've been on meds for hypothyroid for 25 years. It's pretty important!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to read of you increasing pain. There is so much to this hypo thing. Is there nowhere you can go for real help. Hospitals or some other organisation which could help. I think it is important you do find a way to have the blood tests even though it is difficult to achieve a full panel because doctors think you can tell what is going on by tsh and t4 alone when its available t3 which they are frightened to prescribe. I think they think we are going to wan to run about like mad things rather than just feel well. Then there are the antibodies of Hashimoto's most don't look for.

I don't like the sound of your pain. Recently I have been reading about vit b12 deficiency, this can cause pain in so many places and many more problems too. I would like your to find some medical help to get to the bottom of your problems. B12 def often keeps company with Hashi. Have you ever had tests for antibodies? Its all so complicated.

I strongly advise you to seek medical help. I have so much information in my head but at this moment the best thing for you is to find some medical advice. Please tell me when you have seen someone. Best wishes.