100+ lbs to lose...where to start?!?

Options
2»

Replies

• nykole56
    nykole56 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi all, very encouraging comments but how does this work?! I'm new.. surely not recording what you eat is enough to loose this amount of weight. what sort of things do you eat? Any help is much appreciated. thanks!

I have an open diary of what I eat on a daily basis and I log EVERYTHING I eat even spices I use to cook with. Take a look at my page for some starting places. I have not weighed in yet (friday) but I can tell already I am off to a good start
  • Foodfavor
    Foodfavor Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi all, very encouraging comments but how does this work?! I'm new.. surely not recording what you eat is enough to loose this amount of weight. what sort of things do you eat? Any help is much appreciated. thanks!

I also have an open diary, and so far I have lost 2 lbs :) When you start tracking what you eat, you'll be surprised how many calories you are actually getting, at least I was. I am definitely eating more food now, the difference is it is healthier and lower cal. I have never gone to bed hungry and unsatisfied. SkinnyTaste is a good website for healthier options if you need inspiration.
  • niecysj2560
    niecysj2560 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, this is also my 2nd time around, need to lose 60lbs, sometimes that motivation is not there, but I'm going all the way this time. Weight loss us a journey and time and patience is what we need, but we got this.
  • annbutler619
    annbutler619 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same here with the weight loss. I am making life changes to correct my old pattern of self sabotage. Want to make this a win this time.
    Count me in and add me if you would like to partner in this effort.
  • Bradley_J84
    Bradley_J84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me. My original goal was lose 100... I'm down 67, 33 more to go!!! Or I think 33 more to go
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the 100+ lbs category. There's a group called Let's Loose It: 100+ lbs that I'm a member of and have found to be incredibly supportive and understanding. I'd highly recommend it!
  • erienneb66
    erienneb66 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've got over 100 to lose as well, and also am recovering from a foot injury that knocked me out for MONTHS. Those pesky baby toes..I really destroyed it.

Starting is just starting. It sucks. I've done it a million times and I think as long as you're willing to start more than you stop, it's going to be ok.

Anybody can add me, I've been trying my best and sticking to it longer than I have in a while this time around.