Activewear question

Options
2»

Replies

• STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    To me working out is more mental Than Physical. I like to tell people the toughest part of my workout is walking into the gym period once I'm in there the workout itself is

As far as wearing nicer or better fitting clothes it probably does make you feel better cuz you're taking more pride in yourself and when we have pride in ourselves it enhances everything we do.

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Yep. I spend many hours in the gym per week, doing something I find important. I like to look decent. Makes me feel more confident.
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I very much care about my workout wear and overall appearance when I go to the gym. (Well, unless I'm in a mood and don't give a *kitten*) It's basically because if I'm going to be staring at myself for at least an hour in the mirror, I want to feel good about what I see...which 90% of the time even includes makeup.

I like a nice heavy duty fitted poly/spandex bottom (there are a couple of cotton blend items that I own that are ok as well, but I feel like they show the sweat more) and a loose flowy cotton top. I run really hot and any fitted top makes me feel like a hot stuffed sausage. I also get a certain satisfaction when everything coordinates.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    klrenn wrote: »
    I very much care about my workout wear and overall appearance when I go to the gym. (Well, unless I'm in a mood and don't give a *kitten*) It's basically because if I'm going to be staring at myself for at least an hour in the mirror, I want to feel good about what I see...which 90% of the time even includes makeup.

I like a nice heavy duty fitted poly/spandex bottom (there are a couple of cotton blend items that I own that are ok as well, but I feel like they show the sweat more) and a loose flowy cotton top. I run really hot and any fitted top makes me feel like a hot stuffed sausage. I also get a certain satisfaction when everything coordinates.

lol I had to stop wearing tight workout tops too. I like t-shirts with the sleeves cut off. I hate stuff sticking to my stomach. Those shirts make me feel like a sausage too.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I, too spend more on my activewear than regular clothes. I just got a Victoria's Secret Credit Card specifically to buy more sports' bras and tie-back tanks (and I haver zero other store credit cards). Frankly...everyone's muscles and bodies look better in activewear anyway! I'm also as Capri addict.