Almonds

I ate 56 almonds today. Is it too much? It was for my snack

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    How many calories do 56 almonds come to?
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,219 Member
    You are supposed to weigh them on a scale, find the right entry in mfp database and log them in your diary.

The question is not if the almonds were too much. The question is what else you ate. The almonds you ate are about 400cal. So is this too much for you? How many calories did you eat today? I don't know. (My lunch is 400cals).
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »
    How many calories do 56 almonds come to?

lots! :laugh:
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Wow, you actually counted 56 almonds instead of just weighing them? Maybe a better option next time ;p
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I ate 56 almonds today. Is it too much? It was for my snack

Enter it into your diary and you can see if it is too much for your goals.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Depends on your calorie goals and what else you ate. Would be too much for me, but not necessarily for you.

Did you intend to eat 56 almonds or just have trouble stopping? When I decide to eat almonds I decide how much, weigh them out, and then eat them. I don't eat out of a bag until I feel like stopping, since that's how bad things happen. ;-) With cherries I might, because they aren't so caloric.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Is that about 2 servings?
  • cherilee0831
    cherilee0831 Posts: 44 Member
    The USDA says 56 almonds have 392 calories.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    I love nuts but I have to measure them out first,too addictive to just eat out of the can
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Yes, that's two servings. Almonds have lots of healthy fats and fiber. "Too much" depends on many other things.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    I eat 10, which is around 80 calories, I think...10 actually satisfies me. Usually eat with half a banana.
    Have you tried less?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    storyjorie wrote: »
    I eat 10, which is around 80 calories, I think...10 actually satisfies me. Usually eat with half a banana.
    Have you tried less?

Yes, I like about a half ounce of nuts with fruit for a snack. I can easily blow my calorie budget on nuts if I eat them solo.

Here's the entry for plain almonds (not roasted, no oil or salt):
    https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/3635?manu=&fgcd=&ds=Standard Reference
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    I am careful to only eat nuts without salt because that really add up, but that is a concern for me maybe not for you. If sated I would retain some water.

The calories are probably about 400ish I think. Can you fit that in your count? If so, it's fine. Nothing is off limits in my food, just have to be accountable.
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Whether it's too much depends on what your goals are, and what else you eat! I would think that you should still be able to avoid going over your calorie goal.

I have a snack of 30 grams of raw unsalted nuts (usually almonds, but I have some great local pecans I'm working through right now) once or twice a day at work.