Nutrition- fats

Hi guys newbie here . On my daily nutrition page it doesn't give me a goal for polyunsaturated or monounsaturated fats only saturated . Therefore when I inevitably consume these fats it gives me a minus red figure . Is there a reason for this ??? Anyone ???
Thanks in advance

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    There is no goal set for those, so consuming anything will put you in the red.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Eat them. Those are the fats you want most. There is no recommendation for them so they're set at 0, rather than the goal being removed altogether. It doesn't make sense, but it is what it is.
  • stevenutb72
    stevenutb72 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks guys. I get that they are good fats to eat but it just seemed strange that it would give you a minus red figure when you consumed them .
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    I'm always "over" on PUFA and mono... those are the fats you want, don't stress.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Thanks guys. I get that they are good fats to eat but it just seemed strange that it would give you a minus red figure when you consumed them .

There is no RDA, nor a health related-limit for those types of fats, so MFP can't set a goal for them. They really should be N/A so that you don't get the red number.

Having said that, my intention every day is to get protein and fiber OVER the goal, so if I'm having a good day, I see red minuses all over the place and don't let it bother me :)