1wk after my tummy-tuck after 257lbs lost...

Options
Hi All,

I just wanted to say hello, and thank-you, to everyone who has sent me notes and comments of encouragement! It was one week ago yesterday I finally got my abdominoplasty surgery done after my 250 pounds lost.

The surgeon told me when she woke me up that she had removed 80% of the skin on my abdomen, that laid flat, it went from my nipples to my knees, and from my far-left hip to my far-right hip. The removed skin weighed a bit more than 7lbs (there was no fat left on my abdomen, it was just skin left...I really did lose a full 250lbs, and there just wasn't any fat left anymore).

She cut and tightened the abdominal muscles, which had stretched, and of course removed all the excess skin. When all the swelling is said and done, in a few more weeks, it's estimated my waist size will be between 29"-32", which is HUGE considering my waist before surgery was a comfortable 36", and BEFORE I lost my 250lbs, it was 68".

I've been relatively pain-free since my surgery. I had plenty of good painkillers during the surgery, and in the IV line that day and daytime of last Thursday. I went home last Friday, and have had nothing but occasional 5mg tablets of Oxycodon since then, maybe 1x/2x a day. I have always taken one at night for comfort so I could sleep, and I think I took one Friday when I went home, one Saturday, and one Sunday during the day, but, nothing other than that.

Again, I really just wanted to say "Thank-you" to everyone who has wished me well, had me in their thoughts, and wanted to know how I was doing. I'm doing great! I've even had extra time while I rest!

Tomorrow, I hope to get the last of my abdominal drains removed!

Thanks again!

-David / BootJockey
-257 pounds
http://www.facebook.com/DoItNowLifestyle

Replies

• TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Wow 250 lbs lost? I thought I was doing good, dang!!! Great job, I don't know you and am proud of you. You totally earned the surgery and hope you post photo's after you heal.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I had no idea. I knew about the weight loss but not the surgery. I am glad it went well. Congratulations. You deserve this. Keep me posted on your progress. Awesome job!
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!!!!! Congrats on your loss & congrats on the successful surgery. I can't wait for one day to have the procedure done myself. =D
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    That is an incredible loss! Congratulations!:flowerforyou:
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to all of us!
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thank-you! I'm doing well, and recovering strong!!! Soon, I'll be fully recovered, and I can't wait to get back to it!!! It'll probably be winter before I can really do my full workouts again, but, that's okay. This was, like they all are now, long-term goals! :-)

-BootJockey
  • amanstewa3
    amanstewa3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing weight loss and tummy tuck! I had a tummy tuck myself about 5 years ago and it is no easy surgery but well worth the pain and cost.
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! what a loss and a successful surgery. I wish I wouldn't need it, but I probably will because of my age, there is going to be skin! I am also afraid to have it because of my age (58). It is so good to hear that it wasn't that bad. Hope everything continues to heal well. Good luck.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic! Congratulations on your amazing accomplishment and congrats the successful surgery! You are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing!
  • Bootjockey
    Options
    I'm sure your day will come! Stick with your program, GREAT things await you!!!

-David / BootJockey
    -257 pounds
  • Bootjockey
    Options
    Thank-you, HoppyMom!!!

-David / BootJockey
  • Bootjockey
    Options
    Thank-you, PrincessOfRed!!! I look forward to "seeing you out there!"

-David / BootJockey
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a life changing event! I think you should post pics of before and after. Before surgery, right after, and then again after all the swelling goes down. I'm super curious, and I bet so would a lot of the people out there thinking about getting tummy tucks.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I want to do that too. One of my friends did it, and it looks great!

But I'm not at goal yet. *le sigh*
  • Bootjockey
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to fully enjoy the benefits of it yet, of course, it's only been a week and I'm still bandaged up...but I am looking forward to it!

Thank-you, and have a GREAT day!

-David / BootJockey
  • Bootjockey
    Options
    You are welcome, thanks for your kind words!

Good luck on your own journey!

-David / BootJockey
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Amazing, well done. Wishing you well for the rest of your recovery x
  • Bootjockey
    Options
    Hey Mol!

I'd be happy to do that! I will do that!

Stay tuned! :-)

-David / BootJockey
  • Bootjockey
    Options
    Thank-you! I'm doing well, and will do even better soon, I'm sure!

Have a GREAT day!

-David / BootJockey
  • Bootjockey
    Options
    Thanks, everyone, I really appreciate all your positive comments!!!

I am off to have my follow-up with the surgeon now!

-David / BootJockey