Any shift workers out there?

Options
I work a mixture of days, nights and weekends, all 12hr shifts, with 2hrs traveling time each day.

Even though I keep myself within my calorie count 95% of the time, I find that I still increase marginally in weight when I'm working nightshift.

I would ordinarily work out my meals at the beginning of the day to make sure I can fit everything in, and will only eat fruit for the nightshift itself (this is due to fruit being low in calories, the metabolism slows through the night and if I don't eat whist on shift I feel light headed and queezy by about 2am)

Does anyone else suffer with this same issue? and would anyone suggest any changes to help against the weight gain.

My diary is open for your perusal, and my nightshifts are clearly marked via Nightshift Food.

Many Thanks

Replies

• maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tobetheskinny
    Options
    Absolutely!

Night shifts for me are dreadful... My body is so out of whack that I either don't eat, or eat everything in sight. Even when I do take care of eating sensibly I notice that my weight creeps up.
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    13/14hr shifts. Days/Nights/Weekends. Took me a long time to sort out a routine otherwise I'd just snack on my breaks.