New kid on the block!

Options
Hi,
I'm new to this community forum- but reaching out- looking for friends to encourage and to be an encouragement to- I need your help to hold me accountable to the goal.
I have a lot of weight to lose (150 Lbs.) and I know it will take some time- I'm in this for the long term-
I'm 56 yrs old- I AM NOT into Drama- I am taking this journey seriously and I am looking for like minded folks-
- I believe there is safety in numbers!
I love to have fun...and I'm looking to make this time a fun adventure instead of a 'chore'!
Look forward to hearing from ya all!

Happy Trails!
Julie

Replies

• courtneyemilyy
    Options
    Hey! My name is Courtney and I'm 18 years old and I would love to join you on your journey! I have recently lost quite a bit of weight (30 pounds) and now my goals are to get more toned and strong! I am open to giving you tips and answer any questions you might have through-out your weight loss journey :) I am a gym freak and I even train my mom now! I am looking to add people on this site to motivate each other and make our journies fun! You have a personal cheerleader if you are interested :)
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You are dead-on about the safety in numbers. I get so much motivation scrolling through and commenting on my MFP newsfeed all the time. I'm on here more than Facebook! This place is amazing.
  • KiwiJewels
    KiwiJewels Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome! Been on here a couple of weeks myself, and having a ball!! It's good to find people who you know are gonna say "Hey, aren't you weighing in tomorrow?" so you know that someone will notice if you don't! *grin* Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me if you think we have things in common (I know that won't be location, but never mind! *grin*) Jewels
  • JanMarie2BHealthy
    Options
    Hi Julie:

Feel free to add me. I joined MFP in Feb 2012 and did not succeed so as the saying goes "I'm back in the saddle again". About 2 months ago rejoined and now starting to read message boards and blogs. There are a lot of people that seem willing to share their experiences and I hope to learn from others that have much more knowledge!

Good luck !

Jan
  • juliekesler
    juliekesler Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds great Courtney,
    Let's 'get er done!
  • JanetLocke
    Options
    Hi Julie!

I used myfitnesspal quite successfully five years ago, but I slipped off the wagon, rolled into a ditch and gained all of the weight back. Now I am starting over. Today was my first weigh-in in a long time. I am 64 and have 40 pounds to lose. Nighttime eating is my big weakness.

I am up for being a fellow encourager if you are. :smile:

Janet
  • you2candoit
    Options
    Hi Julie,
    I would like to join you on your journey, I'm just starting MFP tomorrow and need all the support I can get. I'm 43 and have about 45 lbs to lose.
    Colleen
  • juliekesler
    Options
    I'm up to it Janet! Lets get that Wagon rolling again!!
  • juliekesler
    Options
    Would love the 'company'!
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie, feel free to add me,I log in daily. I have a group of friends that are awesome and support if.
  • shafikes
    shafikes Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie! I am Shannon. I joined MFP is June. I am down 10 pounds. And atleast 100 more to go! Feel free to add me. I login daily. I love the support that I have gotten from this site. I hope you find it helpful as well. Lets do this!