no carb/ no gluten/ snacks

Options
hey guys due to my health problems my doctors have put me on a diet that is no carb and no gluten ..im looking for snacks that i can eat that goes with this diet! im getting tired of eating the same stuff! hah

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    hey guys due to my health problems my doctors have put me on a diet that is no carb and no gluten ..im looking for snacks that i can eat that goes with this diet! im getting tired of eating the same stuff! hah
    Your doctor put you on a "no carb" diet? Or a low carb diet?

Low carb, no gluten snacks: home made (not overly processed) beef jerky that doesnt have soy sauce
    nuts

if your doctor put you on a "no carb" diet, find a new doctor.
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    string cheese, turkey pepperoni, olives, boiled egg, celery w/cream cheese, tuna salad, chicken salad, cubes of meat, pork skins, other cheeses, sugar snap peas

also google low-carb recipes. you will find pancakes, muffins, bread that have 1-2 net carbs/serving. they are easy to make. I am not a baker and I can do it!
  • Alinamariec
    Alinamariec Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    all those sound really yummy! thanks :)
  • lycheenmango
    lycheenmango Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    almond milk, eggs, string cheese! but strawberries with whipped cream are my absolute favorite!
  • Alinamariec
    Alinamariec Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    yeah i heard almond milk was good..im going to have to give it a try!
  • lycheenmango
    Options
    my suggestions are for low carb diet btw. Not sure about no carb diets :)
  • lycheenmango
    Options
    Almond milk is almost like an acquired taste thing :P I hated it the first week - but then got used to it!
  • thefewsteps
    thefewsteps Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    look into flaxseed meal muffins/bread recipes. almond, coconut soy flour instead of wheat/white are good modifications as well. good luck.