Working moms, trying to juggle it all!

Options
Hey!

I'm a working mom, but I have the blessing of being able to take my kids to work (my husband and I run a performing arts school), but that means that I just juggle everything, all the time. Family, kids, house, work, teaching, directing, organizing, etc, etc. You all know it.

So, needless to say, it doesn't give much time for healthy cooking (any cooking really), exercise, and weight loss.

Just wanted to see if there are any other moms out there doing it all, whether you work or stay at home, our jobs are the same--it's tough. ;) Being a mom is a challenge in itself and losing weight while running all day isn't so easy.

Would love to connect with other women like myself. I want this group to be full of encouragement and openness. Let's have FUN together getting into the best shape of our lives. Our kids deserve it, and more than that ,WE deserve it!

We can do it together.

Replies

• Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I do it all - though not always successfully! LOL! Sending you a friend request! :)
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a working mom of 2 toddlers and it is hard to juggle it all but I got the hang of it finally as of January which is when I started working out non-stop. I would love for us to support each other because it isn't easy but we make it happen :bigsmile:
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am an elementary music teacher and have the joy of juggling it all, as well. Now, right now I'm on summer break, so it's been much easier for me, but I still try to do my best during the school year. In the fall and winter I do a lot of meal planning, freezing, and crock-pot cooking to stay ahead of the game...and I make them as healthy as possible. The spring tends to get away from me with all of the end of the school year obligations. My husband is fabulous at helping out and supporting me, and I know I'm VERY lucky. As far as working out, if it doesn't happen first thing in the morning, it's not going to happen at all!!
  • dwspoon
    dwspoon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    Yes, I am a working mom too. My husband and I both work full time,and our kids are 10 and 12. We are a busy family, like so many others.From September-June, my kids are involved in activities 4 nights a week. Year round, my husband plays hockey and I sing in a barbershop chorus and a quartet. We are always coming and going. I very recently joined this website, and so far love everything about it. The best thing so far is that it is keeping me honest,.
    I would love to be there to support you, and all other working moms! We need to stick together!
  • jackiemomx2
    jackiemomx2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Me too! Hubby and I work full time. Two girls, 7 and 5. I'd love to connect with other women in the same boat. It's so tough to put the time and effort into yourself when you're being pulled in so many other directions all the time.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I am a full-time working Mom and my husband is gone from the house until 10pm everynight....though he was laid off 3 weeks ago and let me tell you how much easier it has been to get my workouts in having his help. I used to have to choose to workout or get the cleaning done before work so a lot of times I chose to clean. Now that he is home during the day, I get my workout in before I leave and come home to a clean house:drinker:
    I know this lay-off is short lived but this time has made me realized how important it is to 'find' the time. I will workout on my lunch hour or whatever it takes. We need to do this for ourselves, and our children so they see a healthy lifestyle and that we are here for them as they grow:)
  • Nadyasmom
    Nadyasmom Posts: 281
    Options
    It's so nice to "meet" you all!

We can do this! You are all right, we have to MAKE the time to do it, but it is possible. I've found that if I don't schedule my workout in (and usually EARLY morning), it will never get done as so many other things come up throughout the day. But it's so worth it to feel successful at at least SOMETHING in the day! hahaha
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Hi -
    I work full-time, and we have two girls (7 and 3). My DH is really helpful, too, which makes a big difference in my success. He cooks reasonably healthy meals :wink: , will often do the dishes, make the girls' lunches, and generally helps around the house... as long as I ask for help. That's the hard part for me, asking for help. But I've finally realized I can't do it all by myself. There are weeks when he travels for work - those are HARD weeks for me. :sad:

When he is available in the evenings, it frees me up to do a workout video while my girls are playing or watching tv. Fortunately, he has recognized that I need to make exercise a priority, so he encourages me to take the time when I need it. I also take the girls to the pool once or twice a week, so he gets his free time on those nights. After writing this, I'm realizing I'm really lucky. :bigsmile:

Anyway, I'm definitely up for giving and getting support from other moms. Good to meet you, too! :happy:
  • berry_nice579
    berry_nice579 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    definitely!!!! i'm a mom of a baby girl that is now 9.5 months, and trying to mainly lose the baby weight xD. I work as a tutor part time and then give a class at a university in the afternoons but i will start teaching full time in august so i wil be even more busy!!! xD so i hear ya trying to fit everything in but we can support each other!!! =]
  • COCABEANS
    COCABEANS Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,
    I am full-time working Mom of 3 children. I have 4 year old boy/girl twins and a 5 month old daughter so needless to say I'm super busy. The twins are involved in many park district programs so it keeps me going. I am doing my best to juggle it all and loose weight at the same time. I'm trying to loose the remaining baby weight and a little extra would be great. I workout late at night when the kids go to bed so I don't interupt my time at home with them. Thank God for 24 four hour fittness. I would love to connect with a group of ladies who can share my frustrations and triumphs.:happy:
  • rmwilliams0519
    Options
    I'm a working mom my son is 4 and he's about to start pre-school. I work 45 minutes from where I live so he is going to have to start a different day care also. (I'm not happy about this at all). My husband works and he just took on a second job. Trying to find time to work out and de stress my life is not working. And here my husband and I are trying to have another. :drinker:

I wouldn't trade it for a minute (wouldn't mind having a part time job)

I'm so tired in the mornings driving into work my son asks me if we are playing the quiet game........ hahahaha
  • batshalom
    batshalom Posts: 4
    Options
    Split personality! I get to be an at home mom in the mornings while my husband works and then I work in the afternoons when my husband gets to be an at home dad. I feel like we're constantly crossing paths. Finding "together" time is difficult, but we're doing our best to make things work. We have two children--Aaron, age 2 and Naomi, 5 months.

Since giving birth in February I haven't been as focused on diet and fitness as I should be. I'm ready now to get back on track--yet another thing to juggle.
  • Nadyasmom
    Options
    It's so nice to meet all of you!

This morning was no good. Well, it was nice to sleep, but no exercise so that means I gotta fit it in later. I have a FULL day today, running around between 3 different towns. Where oh where will I find the time for exercise?

Oh well, it must be done--or no Sunday break.

what are you all doing for exercise? I do INSANITY and zumba (when I get the time).

My problem is more about food. I love food. I love to eat. I love to socialize with people over food. And well, I'm just not good at making the right food choices! We live at a camp, so food is usually cooked for us. It's nice not having ot always cook, but it's hard to not have the control.
  • fatbegone2010
    Options
    Hi,

I work Full-time as well, I have an almost 2 year old which I have to drop off every morning and pick up when I get off. On average I'm away from home for over 10 hours a day. My husband works 2 demanding jobs, so he is barely home which leaves me the task at handling everything, cooking, cleaning, our son and majority of the errands. By the time I get home I only have about 4 hours to spare until its bedtime. So basically I have to squeeze in dinner, cleaning up the house, chasing after my little one & getting him ready for bed, making our lunchs for the next day, getting clothes ironed, walking the dog, and showered. Soooo...I am pretty burned out by the end of the day. If I'm lucky I'll try to squeeze in a workout. So I am trying to juggle that in my schedule, because "Me time" for us busy moms is SO IMPORTANT. I am glad you started this group because sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy ....lol.
  • Nadyasmom
    Options
    Hey gals! I know we are all busy with life, but just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing!

I finally woke up early again today and was able to get the workout in. I'm cooling down now before jumpin in the shower and getting ready for the busy day ahead.

Hope you all are doing okay! Check in when you get a chance.

I'll be weighing in on Monday and I'll post my progress (or hopeful progress anyways).