Where has the weight gone from?

Options
I find it completely fascinating where you actually lose fat from. My exercise is swimming, so I am emphatically kicking my legs and pushing water with my arms. Freestyle works both my upper and lower abs really hard.

But interestingly I lost weight first off my face and fingers! I have now lost weight from all over, but my lower abs are the last place to shift as well as my thighs. I think it's really funny that the fat doesn't necessarily shift the most from the areas that are working hardest. I've just put it down to having lower abdominal surgery in 2013.

I was just wondering if others had a similar experience?

Replies

• mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You've lost fat from all over your body. You just notice it in your fingers and face first because there is less fat to lose there. It seems like you don't lose off of other places, but your stomach, hips, thighs, upper arms, have more fat to lose.
  • suzesvelte
    suzesvelte Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I think your body is one big machine and the fat we carry is fuel for it. It aint bothered about our ideas of where we want the fat to be used from! It certainly doesn't particularly pull fuel from the area closest to the muscles we are using.

I have lost most inches from my rib cage. I don't do much to exercise that, but that has gone really lean where as my thighs, which cycle like mad for hours each week still have enormous layers of fat over the (substantial) muscles there!

Just one of those things, I reckon. I doubt your surgery has much to do with it.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    My arms always tighten up quick, my waisted went down 2.5 inches and I'm guessing my butt did. Not sure about the rest but I'm sure they are changing as well. Will see as I continue to drop.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    The first place I noticed a loss was my chest. Literally a week or two after joining mfp and tracking, my bra was way too big and I was swimming in it! I didn't buy a new "real" bra until I was done losing. I wore those stretchy pull-over ones from Walmart (Hanes or Fruit of the Loom).
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I always lose from my lower body first. My stomach and arms are the last to go and I have tons to lose from there!
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Me too @brendacs21 , it sucks!