less calories but more sugar? what happened....

hi its my first day today, i have ended up with less than the 1500 stated calories, and in the green in carbs sodium fat and others... it says in 5 weeks i will lose weight so all god for a first day but... i drank 3 cans of pepsi with 40g of sugar each thats 120 sugar and my daily allowance is 60g... the site and app say ive done a good day all green but the one red " sugar is really bad" double my allowed amount.. what will that mean if i technically had less calories every day to lose weight but ate or drank to much sugar... im really interested...

Replies

• anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    Even if you consume more sugar than is recommended, if you are in a caloric deficit, you will lose weight. Although, if you switch to diet soda, you could eat that many more calories in actual food and still maintain your deficit.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    If sugar is what you want to spend your available calories on, go right ahead. Unless you have some kind of metabolic issue where you ought to restrict sugar, and as long as you're getting enough nutrition otherwise, it's fine.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Calorie wise, if it fits your deficit and you want to drink 30 teaspoons worth of sugar in a day, you could.

Health wise - I doubt its a good long term choice, but that's up to you.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    You would still lose weight, but you're probably missing some key nutrients when you spend that many calories on soda.
  • comedychris
    comedychris Posts: 3 Member
    ok great, i dont usually drink that much and usually my macros are all good like, carbs and fat are all usually less than recommended it was just that one day i was warm and drank a lot of Pepsi, but great to know main thing is being under calorie limit, takes a load of my mind so i wont have to focus on avoiding certain things, but will try keep sugar below the 60g limit today ive ate 3 meals and only had 41 grams of sugar so today is much better :) thanks guys for the help.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    You would still lose weight, but you're probably missing some key nutrients when you spend that many calories on soda.

This. And when you're on 1500 calories (which is the minimum you should be eating), that's about a third of your calories spent on Pepsi.
  • HockeyGoalie35
    HockeyGoalie35 Posts: 84 Member
    Get a scale and a bag a sugar, pour out 120g and see if you still want to drink soda. The phosphoric acid in cola actual helps keep your body from naturally vomiting once the concentration of sugar reaches your stomach.

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    imagine the 450 calorie meals you could have if you just replaced the pepsi with water. but again its all personal choices.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    hi its my first day today, i have ended up with less than the 1500 stated calories, and in the green in carbs sodium fat and others... it says in 5 weeks i will lose weight so all god for a first day but... i drank 3 cans of pepsi with 40g of sugar each thats 120 sugar and my daily allowance is 60g... the site and app say ive done a good day all green but the one red " sugar is really bad" double my allowed amount.. what will that mean if i technically had less calories every day to lose weight but ate or drank to much sugar... im really interested...

If you stay in a deficit you will lose weight. That said, at 1500 calories (which IMO is kinda low), 3 cans of Pepsi is nearly 1/3 of your total daily calories. So that means you only have 1000 calories do get all your macros and micros in. IMO, it's gonna be hard...