No/low carb recipe ideas

helenmorris1803
helenmorris1803 Posts: 5 Member
edited June 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Hi
I am running out of no/low carb ideas - especially lunches when I am at work! I don't like salad (I've tried a lot) if I did that would be easy for lunch at work. I've been making turkey meatballs and stir fry without the noodles etc but I'm running out of ideas now..... any help would be great! x

Replies

• HockeyGoalie35
    HockeyGoalie35 Posts: 84 Member
    I use an app called Mealime and set low carb. You can pick meals and it gives you the shopping list. I make 4 portions for dinner and lunch the next day for my wife and I
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    For low carb (not no), anything that's basically meat+vegetables or egg+vegetables. I typically will take leftovers from dinner or do a big main dish in the slow cooker (pulled pork, for example) and then pair it with vegetable sides (with that, some collard greens cooked with a little bacon and then some apple cider vinegar is nice). I did a mock potato salad with green beans and celeriac mixed with some spicy chicken that was delicious.

None of this is close to no carb, as vegetables have carbs, but it's good enough for all but the lowest levels.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I use an app called Mealime and set low carb. You can pick meals and it gives you the shopping list. I make 4 portions for dinner and lunch the next day for my wife and I

I just played around with that website. Pretty user friendly!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    For almost no carb snacks, meat, full fat dairy like cheese, and eggs are good snacks.