I feel fat

Options
OK so this may sound strange to some. I have lost 28 lbs in the 77 days I have been using MFP. My pants are big, my belt is big, and my shirts are hanging. My SO 248 and my CW is 220. I know 28 lbs is great but ALL day today I have felt FAT. I'm curious when you stopped feeling fat?

Replies

• Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Well, feeling fat is a feeling, so it's sort of up to you if want to feel that way or not. I think everyone has "fat days" no matter how lean or not they are. I know if I'm bloated and my clothes feel a little snugger I feel fat even though I've lost over 130lbs. People tell me I'm not fat all the time now. I've even had people make comments about how I wouldn't know what it's like to be overweight as crazy as it is, but rest assured, I've still got chub, and I still have days where I feel fat.

Heck, I have days where I feel like a horrendous blimp of fat.

But I also have (fortunately more oft than not) days where I feel good about myself and my body. But I think that comes from within and isn't really dependent on any actual weight. Just self love.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I typically get that way if I am wearing clothes too tight. As much as I do not want to go "up" a size, proper fitting clothing looks and feels so much better, and I dont care really what the number on a tag no one else will ever see says. So it could sometimes be just what you are wearing and how you feel in it.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I have those days too. Usually when I'm bloated. Try on more fitting clothes since your pants and belt are big.
  • sockmenace
    sockmenace Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I absolutely have those days too! Even when I was at my goal (a shamefully long time ago now-back on the wagon) I still felt fat which was ridiculous, because I weighed what I did in high school.

It really does boil down to just how you feel day to day. Some days are gonna be like that. On those days focus on how much you've accomplished, or how strong you feel now. Keep up the amazing work!
  • abrocker0125
    abrocker0125 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have felt that way. And to be perfectly honest, it only motivated me further. So I went on a 3 week crasher (extreme diet), lost 10 pounds and now am in the process of gaining muscle. You got this bro!!
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Figure I won't stop until I look they way I want. But I don't beat myself up over it. Did it to myself and I'm doing something about it. I see a chubby dude in the mirror but also see more defined muscles I didn't see when I was 20 lbs heavier when I started. Also notice running up the stairs is easier.

Look at the positives. getting sad and depressed about the fat has never helped and probably ends up doing more harm in the end.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Good work so far!

It can take a lot longer than you'd think to not feel fat anymore. I still have days when I feel that way and my big weight loss happened in 2014. I would say it took six months to a year to not feel like that the majority of the time.