VO2 and Body Fat measurement

Options
ccsernica
ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
They brought the truck with the assault bike and dunk tank to the fitness center this afternoon, and I went and did it. It's too bad I don't have a "before" to compare this to, but I think it came out rather well.

I had to cut the VO2 test a little short because I was having trouble breathing through the mask, but we got a good measurement anyway. Hit a peak heart rate of 152 and a peak VO2 of 47.0, which I'm given to understand is pretty good for a guy who will turn 54 tomorrow. It might actually be a smidgen higher than that because I gave my weight as 165, but it was closer to 160 when I stepped on the scale for the dunk tank, so I was about 2kg off.

The hydrostatic weighing was very surprising: 10.66% body fat. I really thought it'd be higher than that.

So, by these measures I'm pretty much "there" as far as fitness goes. I could stand some resistance training, obviously. At 6'1" and 160, I'm on the scrawny side. This will be difficult with my shoulder injury and I'll have to find a way to work around that. But I have no need to lose any more weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!