I'm trying to get back on the weight loss band wagon. Feel free to add me
  • ESHRINER43783
    ESHRINER43783 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    you can add me as a friend.
  • klaramarina
    klaramarina Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'll be forty this august, i was 208 last year and lost some weight before my gallbladder surgery last December, 3 weeks after surgery I was 173, well after that I got lazy and ate whatever I liked and I gained back, until a month ago I made a decision to take my Heath seriously, so I weighted 182 two weeks ago, now I am 175 and looking forward to be 125 in six months. I'm 5'5" and I work out 5-6 days a week. Also, I am eating 1200-1500 a day, but this week I started eating only 1200 a day. What I have figured out is that you gotta make a decision today and turn that switch to eat the necessary, food to nourish not to enjoy it, because that is the problem when we start to enjoy it that much that we overindulge. So weight loss and to keep it off is about 70% diet, 30% food. I cut dairy, carbs ( I only eat a piece of sprouted grains bread or a cup or 1/2 of brown rice or a sweet potato only after working out) sugars (including the fake ones, you will forget about sugar cravings soon). I eat 4-8 oz of protein a day, plus 2 boiled eggs, plus protein shake no sugar added. I eat two servings of fruit a day( berries, 1/2 grapefruit, apple, pear only these have less sugar ) I eat all vegetables that I can, when cooking I don't use any oil, I use instead broth and it works, I take a multivitamin and I drink a lot of water, I also divide my meals in 5 small throughout the day, sleep good.
    Workouts: I jog/walk 4 miles, swim laps in the pool, elliptical in the gym, rowing machine in the gym. When I just started I did little but I pushed myself into do more, you gotta read your body.
    Never give up, listen to your body rest, if you failed one day, next day continue until you achieve your goal.
    Good luck