Planet Fitness-Red Light Booth-Before/After

JulieSHelms
JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
This is a different sort of before and after picture than what you normally see on MFP. There is a lot of skepticism about the red light booth at Planet Fitness so I thought I would show my results.

I had an accident on Memorial Day (involving low blood pressure, unconsciousness, my face and a pile of rocks). I had read about the claims of the Total Body Enhancement booth in speeding the recovery of wounds. So I decided to give it a try. PF was THE only place I went in public for a few days because I looked so bad! So here is one week of progress that involved 4 trips to the red light booth. I am pleased with the speed at which my face has healed.

Day 1--day of impact
Day 2--swelling at its worst, first time with red light
Day 9--today

t4lt2wsz4k3j.jpg

It did not seem to speed up the recovery of bruising (elsewhere on my body) or make any difference with the hole inside my cheek where my tooth went through. But everything on the surface healed quickly. I really just have a bit of road rash left (looks like dirt).

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Ouch! I don't even know what a red light booth is, but that looks painful and I'm glad you're on the mend!
  • JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    Ouch! I don't even know what a red light booth is, but that looks painful and I'm glad you're on the mend!

It resembles a stand-up tanning booth, but you are only being radiated with a non-UV light, so it isn't dangerous at all. It has no listed negative side effects. But it makes claims about the good it can do, mostly related to cellular regeneration on the surface of the skin: wound healing, scar reduction, loose skin tightening from building collagen, lessening of stretch marks.

I've had one other good change from it. About 15 years ago, had a surgery that left about two feet worth of scarring across my chest/abdomen. When they removed the sutures, it left scars with a hard ridge along them. That ridge remained until last fall when I first tried the booth. After only 2 times, the ridges were completely gone. I've gone into the booth maybe a dozen times total now and I cannot feel any difference in my skin where the scars are--the skin matches the surrounding skin. They are still visible (pink lines) but greatly improved texture-wise.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    Huh. I like it. :smile:

I'm also glad you're on the mend.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Ooh... Glad you're healing well! Interesting to hear about the improvements in your scars, too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!