Need to lose 100+ pounds

Options
2»

Replies

• RiveraMarylou
    RiveraMarylou Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would really love to lose 100+ lbs. My motivation comes and goes, but usually, it's gone. I have walking buddies, however, now with summer and vacations, it's hard to keep at it with them. Then of course there was the rain season. I live in Vermont and I see so many people jogging or walking and most of them are seniors! I wish I had the energy and will that they do. I try and see myself in the future-what I would look like or how bad my health is if I do not try and do something about it now. It's vary scary! I work at our local hospital, and have taken care of so many morbid obese patients that are not doing well and I don't want to be that person/patient.
    I'm almost three hundred lbs. and am currently looking at the gastric bypass. This will be a major life changing choice in which I will have to change all of my eating habits and start working out and take supplements for the rest of my life. This terrifies me...if I can't even lose 20 lbs right now and begin a workout, how in the heck am I supposed to be ready for the surgery-if I do go through with it? I'm a Puerto Rican woman who's a great cook with a family that look for that wonderful meal on those special occasions. I am 51 years old and I need help in changing my current path.
    I know that I have to make one change at a time and focus on one thing at a time, but I feel that is the slow way and try and do too much...perhaps that is my downfall???