The exercise problem

Options
I've been cutting calories and eating right since the first of the year. Health problems have stopped me from exercising but I as m now able to start up again. The problem I have is that I'm really hungry all day long when I go to the gym. In the past I saw my weight slow to 1/4 lb a week when exercising consistently. I do t want that to happen again. Any suggestions?

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    If you are exercising, then I will assume that you are using more energy than when you were not exercising. So it only makes sense that you need to consume more calories. If not, then its natural to be extra hungry or even have a lack of energy.

The key is to eat additional calories but stay in control. Having an extra planned 200 calorie snack for example.

When you mention the past 'issue' of slowed weight loss when you were exercising, over what amount of time? For the first few weeks after starting a new exercise routine its normal for your body to retain water to help the muscles heal and prepare for the new activity. ITs temporary though and should go away within a few weeks.

Last, keep in mind this is about more than a # on the scale. Do you want to JUST lose weight or do you want to be healthier and more fit? Exercise does good things for the body.
  • PinkCuddleMonster
    PinkCuddleMonster Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Personally I would make sure your getting enough protein and veggies. Just because you are eating enough calories doesn't mean you are eating the right kind. If you eat junk all the time than it won't feed your body as well. FYI, I don't know how to look at your eating log, so this really is a guess. I make sure to eat protein and veggies in every meal, otherwise I'm hungry all the time. And all my snacks have protein or veggies.