Hi everyone, newbie here needing new friends

Options
angel4732
angel4732 Posts: 14,898 Member
Hi all. I really don't know where to start.
42 year old, fat, unfit and seriously needing to change.
Will need all the help I can get.

Replies

• Jodelieh
    Jodelieh Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi newbie, another newbie and also in need of friends... I used to be in shape, but a depression and some other stuff happend. So I am back in business. Maybe we can help each other. What do you do when it comes to exercise?
  • ivynmn
    ivynmn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to you both. I started using MFP for about a month, after using WW for about 18 months. I can say I like the change, and I hope you like it too. If you'd like to follow each other, so you can each each other on daily, that may help. I love how the app shows your nutrition goals and how you progress throughout the day. As far as activity, I have found I love seeing how activity will offset the calorie count, even a little. Those steps and bike rides add up, even if they are short in duration. Good luck!
  • Jodelieh
    Options
    Problem is with steps that it doesn't work with my tomtom runner and I can't log them. :(
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Add me ya filthy animals.
    I eat badly, drink too much and probably swear an inappropriate amount.
    But I'm losing weight, having fun and hugely encouraging.
  • strawmitch
    strawmitch Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new here too. I'd like to be friends with you ladies. I'm on a mission to lose as much weight as I can before my 50th birthday on August 1 of this year. @angel4732, I started by figuring out how I felt physically then researching ways to fix them on the internet. Like, I put on a huge amount of weight in my middle. I have a 35 inch waist and diabetes runs in my family...not good. I also developed high-blood pressure or was just recently diagnosed with it last year, another silent killer. I don't want to live like that, miserable and on medication, for the rest of my life. Also, my youngest son moved out on his own. It is just me and the Mr now. I want our next years to active and fun. My research showed me what could be causing my issues and now it's and experiment. I'm going to try different methods until I find the one that works. I started on a journey toward a ketogenic diet with intermittent fasting as my first approach. I chose it because it fit in with my current lifestyle and once my body adapts to using fat for fuel instead of sugar I'm sure I'll reap the benefits I'm looking for -- Increased energy and a slender figure. Maybe we can encourage each other.

@Jodelieh, I used to be in shape too. I was a bodybuilder for a while but not in the extreme sense. Right now I walk a lot more but I hope to get back in the gym soon. I've also tried hot yoga but I didn't like it. I didn't mind the heat so much but the class is so long and I never experienced the energy boost I was supposed to from it. I was always exhausted when I finished. When I finish strength training I always feel like I could conquer to world. So, I'm working on bringing that back into my life. But I'm starting with body-weight exercises. After all this body has 30 lbs it never had to push around before.

It's nice to meet you both.
  • PackPariah
    PackPariah Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    29 looking to lose 158 and currently have lost 38.
    Friend request sent. Anybody else can add me if they want.
  • MzPooh172513
    MzPooh172513 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Newbie here...in search of friends to help and motivate on this journey to healthy...add me ;)
  • Jodelieh
    Options
    strawmitch wrote: »
    Hello, I'm new here too. I'd like to be friends with you ladies. I'm on a mission to lose as much weight as I can before my 50th birthday on August 1 of this year.

@Jodelieh, I used to be in shape too. I was a bodybuilder for a while but not in the extreme sense. Right now I walk a lot more but I hope to get back in the gym soon. I've also tried hot yoga but I didn't like it. I didn't mind the heat so much but the class is so long and I never experienced the energy boost I was supposed to from it. I was always exhausted when I finished. When I finish strength training I always feel like I could conquer to world. So, I'm working on bringing that back into my life. But I'm starting with body-weight exercises. After all this body has 30 lbs it never had to push around before.

It's nice to meet you both.

Nice to meet you too. I hear ya! I currently getting back there with TRX and I love it. It is kinda different from bench presses, squats and curls, but it does the job. I quit the gym a few years ago. I was heading into a big obsession and needed to change the scenery. Now I just need to be more consistent. :o

BTW: you can do it. I have seen some amazing calisthenics out there and I hope that one day I can do a human flag and more. although I should be practicing on my pull ups first! Darn my shoulder injury! :(
  • Jodelieh
    Options
    Add me ya filthy animals.
    I eat badly, drink too much and probably swear an inappropriate amount.
    But I'm losing weight, having fun and hugely encouraging.

Hey funny guy,

losing weight and eating badly is not really a good combo, but losing weight and having fun can be part of it.
    I am not filthy and only a beast when working out, but I will add you
  • mikeland11590
    mikeland11590 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, been doing this now for a year, thought it was time to build a better base of friends and supporters.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Jodelieh wrote: »
    Hi newbie, another newbie and also in need of friends... I used to be in shape, but a depression and some other stuff happend. So I am back in business. Maybe we can help each other. What do you do when it comes to exercise?

I am not a newb here...have been here before (2013) and am back again, to get back on track. I am 43, into heavy lifting (I cycle to and from work every day) and looking to get stronger and fitter and leaner in the process. I walk a lot too as I find it relaxing.
  • JoanDoyleFit4192
    JoanDoyleFit4192 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to the community too, been working on my weight for a year now tho xx
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Welcome angel! You can do it! Just keep focused and remember what you came here for...always be working towards those goals and when you have an off day, ( and you will) remember it's just one day in the rest of your life....health and fitness is about life change
  • twins4ever79
    twins4ever79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! Add me too! I need lots of support! Please and thank you! :smiley:
  • angel4732
    Options
    Jodelieh wrote: »

Loads of walking. ...I love it
  • angel4732
    Options
    Thank you all. Sorry I've only just worked out how to add you
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! Welcome!