good smootie recipes

Options
Hi. I just opened up my blender from my bridal shower...10 years ago! I bought some plain yogurt and frozen berries but since (obviously) I have never made a smoothie, I'm wondering if anyone has a good recipe. If you could include how you record it (calories, fat etc.) that would be great as well. Thanks in advance!

edit: smoothie!

Replies

• lds25
    lds25 Posts: 68
    Options
    I just googled Healthy Smoothie Recipes and came up with this site: http://www.smoothieweb.com/

Good luck!
    Linda
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    There is a thread called 'how do you make your smoothie' on here and there are TONS of great recipes, I'd check that out :bigsmile:
  • gpies
    gpies Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Well, I've tried smoothies a number of different ways and have found that I like mine more like ice cream rather than in a "shake" type of consistency. My favorite is using 1 banana, about 1 cup of mixed frozen berries, 1 small yogurt (like fiber one), and a touch of skim milk (not even 1/4 cup). I just continue to mix until it has the soft serve type of consistency I like and there you have it. And this amount goes a LONG way. I can make myself at least 3 large glasses full with this amount. So I break down the calories, etc. and then divide by the number of servings I've made. It may give me sort of an estimated calorie count but it shouldn't be too far off. I love these and they are very filling. There are so many different kinds of frozen fruits that are in the freezer section that you can experiment with what you like. Peach, mango, etc. etc. Hope you enjoy your treats and your new blender!!
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    Here's the one I made today!

1 banana
    12-15 medium frozen strawberries
    8oz v8 fusion peach mango juice
    3/4c. greek yogurt - plain
    splenda to taste (i like mine a bit sweeter)

blend it up and enjoy! :)
  • kellycrow
    kellycrow Posts: 140
    Options
    my breakfast many mornings is this:
    1 banana
    handful frozen strawberries
    handful frozen blueberries
    water
    cinnamon
    vanilla
    bit of pure stevia
    handful or two of fresh spinach

you cannot taste the spinach but it gives you tons of energy and nutrients!
    it is listed in the databse as 'Homemade - Strawberry, Banana, Spinach Punch' (187 calories)

another one I like - not nearly as good for you but still yummy and not too bad
    Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie! YUM!! Listed in MFP as 'Kristine's Homemade - Peanut Butter & Banana Craving Smoothie W/ Cocoa' (that's my sister... I don't put cocoa in it so I think that takes out about 20 calories) 229 calories
    frozen banana (1 banana's worth)
    1 TB smooth, natural, no sugar peanut butter... i use one where the only ingredient is peanuts!
    3/4 cup vanilla rice milk
    cinnamon (cuz i like cinnamon in everything haha!)
    pinch of stevia

yummy!!
  • brittybee23
    brittybee23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Does frozen pineapple give anyone else's smootie a funny after taste?? I love pineapple, but I can barely drink this thing this morning!

cheers!
    britt