Two Meals a Day Is Ideal, But Which Two Is Up to You. It ok?

Options

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I don't buy that all. That being said, I could totally eat a huge breakfast, large lunch and skip dinner altogether. In fact, I used to eat that way before I was married and had a family to feed at supper.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If eating 2 meals a day suits you, go for it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    If eating 2 meals a day suits you, go for it.

Absolutely. Two meals a day is fine. So is one. So are three, four, five, six or sixteen. As long as one maintains a consistent caloric deficit, they'll lose weight/fat.

But Mercola tho...... :#

Hahaha even a stopped clock is right twice a day ;)
  • NewHealthyBug
    NewHealthyBug Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I found this website for Intermittent fasting! I think it better.
    https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/a-beginners-guide-to-intermittent-fasting/
  • NewHealthyBug
    NewHealthyBug Posts: 39 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I didn’t do it right first time. So I’m start all over again.
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    If, after a year and a half, you still need a beginners guide to IF, then it seems that it's not that intuitive or easy for you.

Some people find it easy to do and that's great, but it's still just am eating pattern and there's no metabolic magic behind it.

And Mercola can still stuff it.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Options
    I eat 5 to 6x per day, which works well for me (from both a performance and a physique standpoint).

If 2x per day works for you, roll with it.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    it doesnt matter if you eat once, twice or 8 times a day as long as you are in a calorie deficit.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    I graze all day long. :)
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I didn’t do it right first time. So I’m start all over again.
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    If, after a year and a half, you still need a beginners guide to IF, then it seems that it's not that intuitive or easy for you.

Some people find it easy to do and that's great, but it's still just am eating pattern and there's no metabolic magic behind it.

And Mercola can still stuff it.

I might be a bit off, but I believe it's a process. Learning a new habit/way of eating/etc is a process. Stay with it, refine your goals and foods as you go along and try to not be too rigid with yourself. You'll see improvement over time. Hang in there.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I have 3 meals and 3 snacks per day which is ideal for me. But what... I don't fast, I eat right before bed, I eat carbs every few hours. Guess my body isn't burning fat? :'( .... :D Not sure where he is getting his info from

Thisss! I hate that empty low blood sugar shaky feeling, which I tend to get if I don't eat for more than 4-5 hours. Give me regular small snacks and meals (with carbs!) and I'm happy.