Anyone have tips for fasting?

Options
I am having surgery next week. Mirena moved from my uterus to my abdomen recently. :cry:
Anyway my surgery is at 2 pm, but I was told no solids after midnight and only clear liquids after 11 am. Any tips to help me not want to chew my arm off?

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I dunno. Sounds about the same amount of time I go without eating every day. Eat something right at midnight?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Ugh, that is scheduled so late in the day. Bummer. When I have procedures that requires fasting, I eat as late as possible and just try to bear it. I get really grumpy inside my head and try to keep it there.

I hope all goes well with you tomorrow!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    Eat at 11 p.m., stay up a while, sleep in the next morning to have as little time between waking up and going in for surgery. (Or do they make you show up at 7 a.m. for a 2 p.m. surgery?)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Eat at 11 p.m., stay up a while, sleep in the next morning to have as little time between waking up and going in for surgery. (Or do they make you show up at 7 a.m. for a 2 p.m. surgery?)

While I don't have to be there till 1 pm, I have to be up at 5 am (if I am lucky, this will change) and my mom won't be out to watch my boys till noon (3 and 5) which will make getting a nap difficult.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    The thing I learned about fasting is that it ebbs and flows - you don't tend to get hungrier and hungrier, the hunger pangs will pass. Sometimes I find fasting really easy and other times not so much.