Sciatica pain due to being overweight?

Options
Crystalscoops
Crystalscoops Posts: 12 Member
Hey guys. I'm not sure where I should have posted this so sorry in advance.
Anyways, yesterday I had pain on the right side of my buttocks and now I'm having pain on my left buttocks and it's radiating to my thigh and it's warm. I feel like it's sciatica but I'm not sure.
Has anyone ever experienced this due to being overweight?
Thanks!

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    This is one of those times where you should really go see a doctor. It could be something serious, especially with it happening in both legs and it feeling warm.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Ditto on what she said.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Ditto on what he said.

She :)
  • mcafton
    mcafton Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I dealt with sciatica this fall. it kind of started out as what i thought were mild hamstring cramps, and then got so bad I was limping, couldn't sleep in bed or sit with comfort. I had to sleep laying on the floor with my legs propped up. I got some cortisone shots from my Dr. and some muscle relaxers which didn't really help. I did physical therapy. core exercises are good . What happens is you have inflammation that pinches the sciatic nerve which causes the radiating pain. I haven't really had problems since, but that was a rough few weeks. Hope it heals up quickly.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    Sciatica wont be caused by being overweight. 100% go to your doctor. Especially if its a warm wet feeling.
  • Crystalscoops
    Crystalscoops Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's so weird because it's totally gone today. I know it's not a dvt