Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How weight gain works

issiahs
issiahs Posts: 55 Member
edited June 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm on vacation and have eaten about 3000-3500 calories each day these past two days. I'm only going to gain about a pound of fat right? I'm low balling my daily calorie burn to be 2000, so at most my net calories gained these past two days would be like 3500 right? 3500 calories would be a pound of fat correct? I know the scale will likely show a lot more due to sodium and what not. I just want to make sure that at most I would gain a pound of fat.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    3500 is one pound.
    If you eat 500 calories over budget each day for seven days, you gain one pound.
  • NoelTheRed
    NoelTheRed Posts: 3 Member
    If you're going to wish for numbers close to real, you should calculate your TDEE instead of low balling. There are calculators around.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,102 Member
    Theoretically that's all correct but it's only an approximation, it could be a little more, it could be a little less. None of the factors involved are 100% accurate. You cannot be 100% certain your calorie intake or calorie burn are accurate and everyone's bodies metabolise food in different ways.

Whether it be 1lb or 2lb of fat, you can lose that in a couple of weeks by returning to eating at a deficit, go enjoy your vacation.