Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Brown Rice, Sweet Potatoe, or Whole Wheat Bread?

I"m 6'2 20 24 yr old and I have designed a cutting diet based on foods I like. I don't care for brown rice or for sweet potatoe so I chose all whole wheat bread.

Meal #1
Whey Protein
Banana
Whole Wheat Bun
Ground Turkey

Meal #2
6" Subway Club Dbl Meat
V8

Meal #3
Whey Protein
2 oz Almonds

Meal #4
Whey Protein (Post Work Out)
Banana

Meal #5
Whole Wheat Bun
Ground Turkey
V8

2,452 Calories
203g Carbs
95g Fats
288g Protein

Goals
275 G Protein
88-220 G Fat

I also work at subway so I get a free 6" a day.

I posted this diet and a girl told me I should trade out the bread for brown rice/sweet potatoe and also that I should not eat at subway because it is "Garbage".

It took me a long time to figure out my calories, and macronutrients.. I Really like my diet the way I have it set up.. can someone shed some light on if it's alright to do it my way, or do I need to swap the bread out? I thought as long as it fit my macros i'd be good?

Replies

• pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    If you're ok eating bread then eat bread!!!

I personally don't get on that well with bread or pasta so I don't eat it and will opt for rice or potatoes if I want a starch but it's all fine if it works for you.

Don't bother changing things if you are getting results

If you DON'T get results, maybe swap out the bread for something else to see if it helps but otherwise stick to your own plan.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    If you like the bread, eat the bread. Don't listen to someone who says you HAVE to cut out something you like or add something you don't.

I don't believe any food is "garbage," especially food full of micros that meets your macros and still has you in a calorie deficit when you want to lose weight.

Do it your way as long as you are eating a reasonable amount with a moderate deficit and hitting your macros as well as getting your nutrients and vitamins. If it works, keep doing it. Don't worry about other people's opinions.
  • THANK YOU THAT'S WHAT I FREAKING NEEDED TO HEAR!!! LOL! I am SO SICK of people contradicting what I am trying to do lol.. Several other people keep telling me to drop a shake and add chicken or tuna.. I DONT LIKE CHICKEN OR TUNA AND I LIKE SHAKES LOL.. From what I understand is it doesn't matter what food i'm actually eating, what matters is the NUTRIENTS IN THE FOOD and if they meet my MACROS/CALORIES at the end of the day, CORRECT?
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    THANK YOU THAT'S WHAT I FREAKING NEEDED TO HEAR!!! LOL! I am SO SICK of people contradicting what I am trying to do lol.. Several other people keep telling me to drop a shake and add chicken or tuna.. I DONT LIKE CHICKEN OR TUNA AND I LIKE SHAKES LOL.. From what I understand is it doesn't matter what food i'm actually eating, what matters is the NUTRIENTS IN THE FOOD and if they meet my MACROS/CALORIES at the end of the day, CORRECT?

Yes.

Ignore unsolicited advice. The worst thing you can do is keep jumping from one plan to another without giving anything long enough before finding out if it works for you (Barring crash diets of course. Crash dieting is in fact the worst).
  • Ok thank you I haven't actually put this diet into action yet, I just built it today based on the macros I need, calories I need to lose weight, and foods that I know I like. Could someone tell me the difference in whole wheat bread, brown rice, or sweet potatoe and why that would even matter? Also, why do several people keep telling me to swap out my shakes for chicken or something? I Understand whole foods have more micros and can fill you up faster but I really don't give a **** lol that's not enough for me to force myself to eat a food I don't enjoy.. I feel better already and I really thought I had this anyway, but when people say things like that it confuses you and discourages you =/ you guys made me feel better though lol
  • nyqueensguy
    nyqueensguy Posts: 100 Member
    I'm not an expert by any means, and I agree that you should do what works. But I would be careful eating cold cuts every day. Grilled meats without the processing and extra salt is better. I like whole wheat bread, so I eat it. I also like brown rice and sweet potatoes. I like to put warm brown rice on top of a salad and then put some homemade dressing over the top like olive oil and organic apple cider vinegar. I add fresh garlic and spices to the dressing and it is real tasty. If you want I can give you the recipe. Add a piece of grilled chicken and some fruit for desert and I have a complete meal.