How long did it take for you to see results?

Options
kcspm
kcspm Posts: 43 Member
I have lost 27 lbs in the past month anf still have about 80lbs to go. How long did it take for people to start noticing results? What about you? When did you start noticing? What I see is very minor. I figured my face would look a lot more slim after 27lbs, but I don't see it.

Replies

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I have lost 26 pounds out of anywhere from 50 - 70. Don't know where I will end up. I am just starting to see it now. I can't find the before pictures I took a while ago. I think I deleted them when I moved my storage to the cloud. Wish I had those! Do you have pictures you can use as before?

At this point I can tell that my stomach is smaller. Of course clothes fit and/or are too big. I plan on trying to take in a few of my pants to put off buying clothes for as long as possible. (I don't really sew but I can follow directions.)

I have been at my work location for over 10 years. Not a lot of turnover so we know each other pretty well. People there have gone from asking if I have lost weight to telling me my weight loss is going well. They say it shows in my face and overall I look thinner.

We can not see the same thing others do. Especially since we see ourselves naked with all the lumpy places. 27 pounds in a month would be a fast pace for me and I don't know how it would work in my brain. Try to find something to compare your self too. And you have got to be seeing a real difference in your clothes fit.
  • kcspm
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I guess I have been avoiding taking before pictures. I'm afraid somebody "may see them" someday. I will try to take some today to use as a comparison next month!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I didn't really see it but realized I had to buy new pants and shirts that were smaller. One day in my truck I stopped to talk to someone in another car and all they could see was my face. When they said "you have lost a lot of weight" I realized my success. As you get closer to your goal or proper weight visible results will be dramatic.
  • kcspm
    Options
    @88olds wow congratulations on losing 100lbs. Thanks for sharing and for the good reminder about unwelcome noise! @rsclause great! Maybe I'm just being too hatd on myself and it's preventing me from seeing it
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I'm down 22ish out 64 and people haven't noticed. I have though, my clothes fit way better! I don't feel like I'm going to rip seams lol. I found an older pic that I never liked because I looked fat and did a side by side with a current pic and I can see the little things. All that matters is that I feel better. I don't care what other people notice tbh
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm down almost 20 lbs (30 more to go) and only my hubby has said anything organically. A colleague/friend did say "I thought you looked like you lost weight!" after I mentioned trying to eat healthy at a team lunch.
  • ChromiumG
    ChromiumG Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It took about 70lbs for me to see a difference
  • EtchedSkellington
    EtchedSkellington Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    wow 27lbs in a month! congrats!! I want to lose that much in a month, but I guess I have to be more committed to everything I do.
  • kcspm
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Congrats on all of your progress, everyone!!! So inspiring! @EtchedSkellington I started at 250lbs ( I'm 5'6) so that's probably why I lost a lot. Right now to be honest it doesn't feel like I did. I'm also eating very few calories. This topic is important to me because my biggest motivation is seeing results. When I see results or each lb I lose, it makes me feel great and read to keep on going!
  • jacquelinelail
    jacquelinelail Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've only been doing this for a week, and I haven't lost a pound. I have thyroid problems, and I take meds for that, I hope that does not interfere with my journey
  • ZephieC
    ZephieC Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Take measurements. It is a great indicator. You may not see it in the mirror but the tape doesn't lie!
  • kcspm
    Options
    @jacquelinelail try to drink more water!!!! Not only it will keep you from eating more, bit it will also help the lbs to come off. I have noticed that the days I don't drink as much water, my weight loss stalls. I don't keep track of how much water I drink, but I'm always drinking it! @ZephieC that's a good idea! I'm gonna start today!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I've only been doing this for a week, and I haven't lost a pound. I have thyroid problems, and I take meds for that, I hope that does not interfere with my journey

I have low thyroid, I don't take meds for that (yet), I am menopausal or post menopausal (can't tell for sure I had an endometrial ablation ) and I am still losing about 1 pound a week.

The physics of CICO don't change because special women. Be meticulous in everything you log. Weigh it all. Cry about your lower BMR, but the numbers will work for you! You can do this.

side note: I am hoping dropping 50 pounds may help my thyroid, like it helps my BP and other health factors. If not we will work on finding an appropriate dosage of whatever hormone we agree to. I've managed to make menopause work without drugs so far.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I don't see any changes. I've lost 15 lbs and to me I look as fat as ever. I'm hoping that once I lose the last 26 or so lbs that I'll see a difference. (I'm not expecting my 18 year old body or even my 25 year old body. Just some sort of visible change would be nice.)
  • kcspm
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @KurumiSophia I feel ya, trust me. Just don't give up!!!
  • JJS1979
    JJS1979 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I would say once you lose 5%, at that point your face should thin out a bit and the tape measure will start to show some progress.

While it is great to hear other people comment on how good you look to me it is more about how I feel. If I have energy and my clothes fit nice and i'm sleeping well, that is the most important and should be your focus. Goodluck!
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I've lost more than 50 pounds and some days I still feel like I did back then. But then I pick up my daughter and realize that it would take more than two of her whole body weights to equal the weight I have lost. It really puts it all into perspective for me.

Yes my face is a lot thinner and my body has less fat on it and my pant size has dropped, but sometimes I get caught up in how far I still need to go to be where I want to be.